~ Forums of Enroth ~

An Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  ChatChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» [EN, RU][Offline] HoMM2 Tournament of the Landless 2017-2 (Турнир Безземельных)
by Orzie 2017-09-21, 03:42

» [EN, RU][Offline] HoMM2 Treasure Hunt Tourney 2017 (Турнир Кладоискателей)
by Orzie 2017-09-20, 16:55

» [EN, RU][Offline] HoMM2 Main Tourney 2017 (Общий Турнир)
by Orzie 2017-09-20, 16:50

» What are you listening to?
by Daleron 2017-09-18, 03:07

» Enrothian Fan Art
by Orzie 2017-09-16, 02:44

» Currently open HoMM1/HoMM2 Tournaments!
by Orzie 2017-09-16, 02:33

» [EN, RU][Offline] HoMM2 Trade Guild Tourney 2017-2 (Турнир Торговой Гильдии)
by Orzie 2017-09-16, 02:05

Poll
"Wait" in HoMM2?
Yes
80%
 80% [ 44 ]
No
20%
 20% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 55
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Dervish Faction General Concept
Enrothian Fan Art
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Серия книг "Земли Меча и Магии"
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Succession Wars - General info

Share | 

Introduce yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pitsu
Pikeman
Pikeman

Quality Points : 26
Registration Date : 2015-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-08-11, 06:42

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?

Too old to remember. 1997 maybe? In Kings Bounty counts too, then some years before.

What HoMM you discovered first?

Homm2 (if not including KB)

What HoMM community you frequently visit?

Celestial Heavens. First apparence was on 3DO boards. I have vague memories about participating in some Astral Wizard contests, but I fail to memorize an active forum there. It must have been in decline already.

Have you ever made maps for HoMM?

Yes, but I kind of lack patience to test and balance and update them to the point were all bugs are ironed out.

What others old games do you play?

Not playing much. MM related games. Doom2, Civ III, Starcraft I, solitaire.

What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?

Discussion of older HoMM games and possible mods.

What languages do you speak?

Estonian and English. Do not speak, but have limited understanding of Russian, German and Swedish (+ medical latin).

What else should we ask you?
Probably should mention that despite female avatars I have been, am, and will remain male in real life.
Back to top Go down
feanor
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 63
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-08-11, 08:09

I think, it was at 2001-2002.
When I visited my brother, I played Chronicles (afaik, third part - Tarnum vs Elemental Lords).

After that, when I got computer (at 2006), I found HoMM1-2 on a borrowed "80-games-at-one" disk. Heroes 3 I downloaded when I got Internet (2008), later also played H4 (campaigns) and H5 (one map for test).

DF2.ru, wforum.heroes35.net, heroescommunity.com

No, I prefer doing mods (=

Now - none, except, maybe Civilization 4. Is it too old?

Only Russian. In school I learned English and Latin, but hadn't succeeded at neither of them.
Back to top Go down
Roarkes
Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-08-22, 22:46

When Heroes of might and magic 2 appear in a review in a romanian magazine and than in a cd.
About more than 10 years ago, i discovered the games Heroes of might and magic 2 and 3 in a romanian pc games magazine. Need to chek the magazines years.
None.
My brother made one map on android dosbox turbo.
I currently play Sudden Strike series.
Good changes.
Romanian, english.
Nothing Smile Anything added on his behalf, my brother will add here.
Back to top Go down
http://dosbox-turbo-tutorials.blogspot.com
Unknown_Hero
Minotaur
Minotaur

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-08, 11:00

My turn, Smile I first discovered the serie with the demo of Heroes 2 in a magazine called "PC Collector" (n°7 - Mars/Avril 97 - Hors-Série N°7 PC SOLUCES).

What a great way to make a demo, you can play the scenario without restriction, and after playing it a dozen of dozen of time with the different factions, you know the game has a lot of replayability; you can start the exact same scenario with the same faction and the game is still different, what a great game!
After playing the demo, you have no other choice than to buy the game. Smile

And I was lucky enough to discover another magazine with the Heroes 2 game (Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars) some time after, M6 Multimédia (n°4 - Août 97).

So, I played the game, and at the same time I was thinking it would be nice if I can play the first game of the serie.

Some time after this, I discovered another magazine called "StratéJ PC Presqu'offert!" (Numéro 2 - Novembre/Décembre 1997) with the Heroes 1 game (Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest), yes, I was lucky once again. Wink

Playing Heroes 1, after playing Heroes 2 for some time, was a strange experience, at first the creatures on the battlefield seemed enormous, and the battlefield so small, but after a short time of adaptation, it was ok, and although the game has "less depth", it was still very fun to play, and all the basics were there.

I played Heroes 1, I would say, around 200 hours, the four campaigns and all the scenarios (around twenty scenarios), and then I returned to Heroes 2.
This time, the creatures on the battlefield seemed so small, Smile but it was faster to adapt.

Then, I continued the serie with the Heroes 2 expansion, with "Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Edition Deluxe" (Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars, and, Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Price of Loyalty).

I played Heroes 2 and its expansion, more than 2000 hours (perhaps much more), Smile all the campaigns, all the "original" scenarios, and hundreds of scenarios found all over the Internet, and it has a lot of scenarios, and so, it was a lot of fun. Smile

After this comes Heroes 3, I played also all the expansions (so RoE, AB and SoD) and even more scenarios found on the Internet than for Heroes 2, it was insane.
I once tried one of the early versions of WoG, but didn't like it, and I never tried another mod for Heroes 3.

I played Heroes 3 and its expansions, more than 10 000 hours, as I said, it was insane. :affraid:

One day, I had a hard disk crash; I decided it was time to stop playing Heroes 3 and I did not reinstall it. Also, after all this time playing Heroes 3, its flaws became more and more annoying.
I think I was also lucky to have the disk crash. Laughing

I never tried Heroes 4. I tried the Heroes 5 demo, with some hope, but it was not there, something was broken. I never tried Heroes 6, nor I will try Heroes 7, I watched some videos about them, but it still don't work for me.

After some time without playing Heroes, I decided to return to Heroes 2, and then, WOW, what a game, how fun it is, and the music is so relaxing; after all these years playing Heroes 3, it was like a revelation. I loved both Heroes 3 and Heroes 2, but now, I have more fun to play Heroes 2. Admittedly, it has still some flaws, but the game is really great.

I put great hope in Project Ironfist to make it possible to "arrange" the game (correct the bugs, tweak the game there and here, add new features, UI enhancement, and more...). Very Happy

Other old games I play sometimes, Knights of Honor, Emperor of the Fading Suns, Warlords III - Darklords Rising, Imperial Conquest 2, Master of Orion 2, Open XCom (Open is new, XCom is old), Wink GTA 3 (10 minutes of pursuit with the cops once per day, it works). Smile

I speak French, I read English (approximately) and I (try to) write English with the help of a well known online translator; but sometimes I just choose to write the "raw" sentence.

Par exemple, si je veux écrire la phrase :
"Le ciel, ce jour là, était d'un bleu qui rappelle à mes souvenirs la couleur des champs de lavande de mon enfance."

Je finis par écrire :
"Le ciel était bleu."

For example, if I want to write the sentence:
Proposal by the translator: "The sky that day was a blue that reminds the color of my memories of my childhood lavender fields."

I end up writing:
"The sky was blue." lol!
Back to top Go down
rrravyn
Pikeman
Pikeman

Quality Points : 33
Registration Date : 2015-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 01:29

My sister bought HoMM II when I was five years old. All of my siblings was playing this at that time and I wanted to do that too. The graphics were so dreamy and my parents didn't know what was this game about so they permited me to play (yes, I was five). At first, my brother told me the secret code (321 67 XD) and I wrote it twenty times and got the instant win with one hundred Blach Dragons. We had only english version of the game so I with a chance I was learning english with it. Who said that games never teach you anything? Smile

It was the second part (;

This, Kwasowa Grota and Jaskinia Behemotha from time to time.

Aww yiiis! And I love my maps from time when I was really young! They're so lovely and colorfull! The only problem is that the most of it was never finished. Now I'm doing maps for myself with some good plot in it (;

What do you mean by old? Very Happy For now on my computer I can play only in "old" games (Windows XP).

I hope that the Succession Wars Mode will be succed (it's so great!). Maybe someday I start with some FRPG platform in Polish tavern Very Happy I hope that they will be some good maps for HoMM II and your modes Smile

Polish (native), English and a little Danish.

Hmm, dunno (;
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

Quality Points : 314
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 07:17

You speak Danish? Så kan du bare snakke med mig Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rrravyn
Pikeman
Pikeman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 09:29

Jeg kan lidt tale dansk Very Happy Jeg studerer dansk i halv år.

I have to train so much! ;_; My language is stiff so I'm really glad that I can train with someone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 09:46

Nice. Sounds great already Very Happy Do you study in Denmark? It is no wonder you struggle with it. It is should be a very difficult language to learn Smile
Back to top Go down
rrravyn
Pikeman
Pikeman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 10:22

No, I'm studying in Poznań, Poland. I want to read some danish authors that are not translated into polish or english (or I don't know about it Very Happy) and study danish history - in Poland we have only one book about it and it's from 1965; the style is terrible! I see that you're from Aalborg! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 10:27

Very interesting. Such old books also give the danes trouble reading it, so you it is very understandable you found it difficult Smile Yes I live in Aalborg, have you been there? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rrravyn
Pikeman
Pikeman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 10:36

I've never been in Denmark, I'm sparing some money for it. I hope that in two years from now I'll go there for month or two Smile
Are you studying in Aalborg?
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-10, 21:29

Yes, I am studying biotechnology at Aalborg University Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 641
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-11, 00:59

Great to see people finding new contacts here. That was one of the purposes of this community when I thought about starting it. Yet, I admit that it's a bit synthetic because it's composed of people who came here from other communities. Perhaps with time the situation will change: I hope that this forum will become an often visited place for many HoMM and MM enthusiasts. For now modding is the only hope, but still there can be some additional features to attract people.

Too bad I don't have much time currently to maintain and advertise it. But first I'll need to remake this logo once made by Aetherrevival. It's not very presentative, unfortunately.

The only question I would like to ask (if it's not a secret, of course) is rravyn's age. I was always kinda curious what age is the most common for girls who know what is HoMM2 and Might&Magic in general Smile

rrravyn
Pikeman
Pikeman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-11, 06:56

I'm 20 Very Happy I think that when H3SW will be out our community will develop quickly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-11, 07:24

Thanks for the kind words Smile We will see what happens later. Currently I am too busy with graphics myself, but I'd like to see this community fly.

Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-11, 23:10

rrravyn I didn't even see that you was a girl Very Happy That is very cool indeed that girls like you also find such thing interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
rrravyn
Pikeman
Pikeman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-12, 00:41

Oh, right, I'd never written here that I'm a girl and you're right - there are not so many girls who are interested in games like M&M and HoMM :<
Back to top Go down
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad

Quality Points : 11
Registration Date : 2015-10-15

PostSubject: Hello everyone!   2015-10-15, 18:27

Hello guys!
I come here from df2 forums where I've been discussing the H3SW project for awhile. Well, Orzie surely knows me by now Very Happy (he's a bit grumpy sometimes and very serious when it comes to HoMM and MM stuff, but he is also very talented and determined person, so I respect him a lot)
Hello Orzie! Hope you are not angry for me coming here Laughing Want to spread the word about the Viking. I know that you didn't like the idea much, probably because it implies a lot of extra work to get done, but I still think that it is an idea worth spreading.
And also, hello everyone! I am a Russian student in Canada, who sometimes has no better way to kill time than to go online and discuss the H3SW. Just kidding, I am just in love with the whole project, that's the thing ❤
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-15, 18:45

Greetings, Nikita! No, I am glad to anyone coming here, this community is really young and it still needs a lot of love and attention.
We even have a Russian Tavern here, which stores some interesting HoMM and MM-related materials you won't find anywhere else. Same for English Tavern.

You are free to start any discussion you want (unless you do it in the Development Board of H3SW - please use the general H3SW subforum). I am pretty sure there will be some people who might like to participate in that discussion.

buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad

Quality Points : 35
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-27, 03:11

First Heroes I played was Homm2: the succession wars.
A friend - who later sadly passed away in a paragliding accident - showed it to me in, I guess, 1997. We were 11 years old. He played as a barbarian, I got the Knight; which I didn't like very much, because it consisted of plain, boring humans, while he got to play with wolves, ogres and later even regenerating trolls!
However... next to my knights castle was a halfling hole and I absolutely loved the fact that I could add halflings to my boring human army which made it more appealing to me.
He whooped my ass, but nevertheless I fell in love.

Later, when he stopped playing, or copied the CD-ROM or something, I bought the game from him. Still got it and very happy I bought it, because it reminds me of the guy and the good times we had while playing the game.

What do you think is the best Homm?
(I made this question up, but I think it's an important one  Razz)
The best Heroes in my opinion is Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Everything in this game is magical. The creatures, the music (with opera, obviously) and above all the graphics are enchanting in a way which is in my opinion unique and no other game ever came close (the Homm instalments that came afterwards included).

To me atmosphere is the most important feature of a game; so even the better mechanics and the fact that the game is much bigger couldn't get homm3 in the prime spot for me. I've spent more hours playing homm3 - obviously, game is much bigger and has 2 add-ons - but the best game is still homm2.

Now you guys know my reasons as well why I'm very, very enthusiastic about this project.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2015-10-27, 03:46

Very glad to see you here, buffkaz. Please don't judge too quickly over some forum assets, like the logo. If I wasm't too busy with the upcoming release of Heroes 3 The Succession Wars (which is going to appear in 2015) I would have already spent some time for forum design improvements, smilies included.

I hope you will find some interesting things to read here.

YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad

Registration Date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-21, 07:58

GodRage wrote:
You can introduce yourself in this topic, let Heroes of Enroth know more about yourself.

Need some ideas? Cool sunglasses

• When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
  • What HoMM you discovered first?
  • What HoMM community you frequently visit?
  • Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
  • What others old games do you play?
  • What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
  • What languages do you speak?
  • What else should we ask you?

I played homm 1 2 and 3 only and never touched 5+. I don't know when I started, but I love these series and was playing homm2 as a kid when it was released. SInce then I became a more experienced gamer lol. I rarely visit communities, but I started when I got reminded of Succesion Wars Mod. As for the maps I created a lot of maps in the past, and all were playable and I really liked them. None of them were published, though, and I regret not doing so.
I was also one of the first guys to offer help to design and balance to the mod and I have lot of interesting stuff to say to the game and how to make it more of an experience to the players rather than just pretty Mod like many others. I play poxnora, you can find me under nickname Ironstylus there. It's a cool turn based strategy that is at least 7 years old.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-21, 08:24

One of the most faithful (if not the most faithful) follower of H3SW. Glad to see you here YhyJasne Smile
Back to top Go down
Galaad
Nomad
Nomad

Quality Points : 80
Registration Date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-21, 12:50

I discovered the franchise with Heroes 2 at a friend's place, but didn't own the game, and it was shortly before Heroes 3 came out, which my brother offered me for Christmas. Then the addiction began and I spent countless hours, full nights on it, even if playing like a noob lol. Went back to Heroes 2 later on, so even if I discovered that one first, I had a more direct contact with Heroes 3.
I love both games very much, and each of them have some things I like better than the other. In example I prefer the atmosphere/aesthetics/visuals or upgrade system of II, but like better the town trees and battles of III, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate how these things are respectively between II and III, is just I'd rate 9/10 instead of 10/10 is all. Smile
This is why I will never thank enough the H3SW Team, as is a marriage of both games.
I also like Heroes 5, but only its gameplay which I find very good, alas I consider the rest (lore, aesthetics, universe) fails short as a total failure.
Most people know I mainly frequent HC, and also post (a lot, even though I've calmed down a bit recently) my discontentment about the franchise's actual state in the Ubi dev blog. I hanged around CH for a little while, but I don't like it much, I have a feeling that one had seen better days.
I never made any map for homm, I started many many times, but never finished. I still dream one day I would create a campaign telling some arcs of the Lancelot Vulgate, but I am such a lazy.
I don't play many old games nowadays, and I don't even play many games in general, but outside the Might and Magic universe, some notable ones were Zelda II The Adventure of Link on NES, the Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros on NES and SNES, Shenmue on Dreamcast (that console was so in advance for its time it's crazy), Baldur's Gate II on PC, Silver on PC, and I am most likely forgetting some others.
I recently discovered this forum, so for now I only hope it keeps the true Enrothian spirit it emanates. Defense
I speak French, English and a bit of Russian (but really a bit, mainly insults (because of buddies) and some love sentences (because of exgf), I still can say a few normal sentences too and I understand and speak better when I'm drunk, apparently I have decent accent, and I learnt the alphabet).
Other than that, I am a musician and make a living by teaching, also compose, my main instrument is the piano but I also play guitar (acoustic and electric), bass and drums. My prime musical education is classical music, but since a few years I am studying jazz and loving it. I also spent around 10 years in metal bands, as composer and guitarist/singer or playing the synth, have a few albums out even.
I love cinema and especially directors like Tarkovski or Bergman, and am particularly fond of medieval literature.
That's enough about me, I usually never post this kind of stuff, but I feel good in the lands of Enroth so here you go. lol
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-23, 03:35

Very nice to see you around, dear Galaad and YhyJasne. I am finally around after real life circumstances and their consequences.

Yes, we have many plans for this forum, yet no special guarantees right now.
I will try to get back to work as soon as possible. I already started promo activities around.

Long time no see, guys Smile

Introduce yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next