Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire

Quality Points : 441
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2018-07-24, 06:58

Holidays, holidays... a sweet time, when you can finally spend all your time playing Heroes! Very Happy or at least slay a bunch of Goblins, just to not get a bit rusty Wink

However, this holidays are special. Thanks to Roshalina and Unknown_Hero I've found the first Heroes map that I've played in my life! Very Happy It was 98' or 99' and I was just 3 o 4 years old lol!

http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t628-i-m-looking-for-one-really-crazy-map-to-h2

I remember those crazy legions of Genies on this map just as it was yesterday Razz Sitting in front of small, rough monitor of my dad's friend's computer and buzzing around the map Smile it was twenty years ago, my first meeting with Heroes 2... and thankfully, not last Wink

My favourite map?

Hmmm... I think that there are two such maps Wink They're Beltway and Broken Alliance. I must've played both of them a fev dozens of times... and still love them! Simple, beautiful, addictive. Quintessence of H2.

What HoMM community you frequently visit?
You know me, I am messing here Laughing and also visiting Acid Grotto (Kwasowa Grota), Behemoth's Lair (Jaskinia Behemota), Academy of War (Akademia Wojny), Heroes Community and sometimes lurking Df2 forum

Have you ever made maps for HoMM?

hmmm, yes, there were some maps made for WoG, but never had enough motivation to finish them. However, there is a little one and I hope you will be able to play it with H3SW mod one day Wink

What others old games do you play?

Planescape:Torment, Thief I and II, Gothic I and II (but first part rulez! Razz ), Anno 1602, Re-volt (yes, this crazy toy car racing Razz ), Gruntz, Rocks n' Diamonds, Claw (Best, Platformer, EVER!), Jazz Jackrabbit, Eye of the Beholder (hell yeah!), Demise, Morrowind, Half Life I, Diablo, some time ago I gave a chance to Baldur's Gate, but sadly the game didn't catch me at all Razz

What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?

Well, make one freaking good mod for Heroes 2 and 3! Also share with you with the last and the best scenarios that took place on the almost forgotten continent of Enroth Wink .

What languages do you speak?

Polish (hehe), English, Russian, German basics, Latin basics

What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero)

Town? - Warlock Razz Creature? - Black Dragon Razz Razz Spell? - Armageddon Wink ;P ;P Artifact? - Holly Hammer - it looks great! Hero - Archibald Wink

What else should we ask you?

I want to ask You!!! What are your favourite maps for Heroes 2? Very Happy

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 721
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2018-07-24, 19:32

Will try to stay on topic and still answer your question. Smile

When I was a kid, I loved the game as is, with the atmosphere of the vanilla game (and unofficial translations made by various "cd pirate" groups).

However, when I got older, I understood that what I really loved in Heroes 2 is, surprisingly, the fan-made developments (such as maps included to Gold Edition). Ideas brought by Cyberlore and the fans who put them to a good use were ground-breaking and became foundation to the third installment of the series (just remember such things as Necromancy amplifier, Arena, Stables, Elemental dwellings, Spell Scrolls, et cetera, et cetera). What I especially like is the maps created by Charles Watkins, Grayson Towler, Timothy Duncan and a few other authors. Ghost Planet is my all-time favorite, because what I really seek in Heroes 2 is not difficulty, but the fantastic idea and properly implemented atmosphere with lots and lots of reasons to replay the map.

I even made different challenges for myself, like: never use castles, never hire heroes, play only as Yellow Knights, use only Knight creatures, etc. It's not like I'm a maniac, but the map really feels it's worth playing.

I definitely want to convert the map for H3SW and even make a sequel to it, because the sci-fi concept behind the text events could also benefit from expanding it further.

In short, there are a selection of maps which I like, but most of them are not like Beltway (I like it too), but are usually more unique and focused on storyline, also having a great deal of ideas previously not implemented by other authors. One of such maps is Leopoldville, showing a great idea of a "giant city", later reproduced in the WoG campaign "A Life of an Adventure". This even motivated me to design a concept of proper stackable walls and garrisons to be able to create nice atmospheric "cities".

Since we have a precedent in Heroes 2 Gold of having some other game-dedicated maps, I also have plans for my own map inspired by the Nox game where we can have the same three factions (Fire Knights, Mages, and the X Village) all with a different gameplay. With a unique H2 feature of castle sprites for different terrains being reproduced for H3SW, this idea is even more tempting.

Vampire

Quality Points : 441
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2018-07-28, 08:21

For many years I had only basic H2 without the expansion, so I was replaying those thirty maps over and over again Razz I've never played RPG maps.

I've just started the Ghost Planet Very Happy I must admit, there is a big variety of ways that we can choose to finish the game. It's about discovering, not always fighting and I love it! Very Happy Right now plot isn't very advanced, but overall climat... give me a shivers Very Happy I will have to give a go to the rest of maps from Gold version.

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

Quality Points : 333
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2018-08-04, 03:46

I remember that certain H2 maps have almost pulled me inside Enroth. When I first played Alteris and Alteris 2 I felt so involved in the story and the map design. Starting with having to leave your home, that was been plagued by undead, to find a new foothold on a nearby island. Then the Barbarian hero, who you try to negotiate with. He doesn't realize, that if the forces of the living don't come together, they are all doomed. That leaves war as the only solution and you must figure out the best way to take him down.

In the second map it is finally time to restore the land and defeat the evil Death King who has an (almost) endless horde of undead and skeletons at his disposal. The way I did it the first time was with Uhm's favorite creature and favorite spell Wink That made it even more enjoyable for me Smile)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7