~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Redbar110%Introduce yourself - Page 5 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Redbar11100%Introduce yourself - Page 5 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Introduce yourself - Page 5 Redbar110%Introduce yourself - Page 5 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+66
Roxterat
summerloud
count_aleksey
MartiusR
mORISman
sirDranik
foodlord
evanisdead
Blake01
Ctesiphon
Ermelloth
VojtechVitek
arborist
kingarthur
wielkaberta
Jachu
QuakerRUS
GrishaDozer
Djakal
Rubinia
DarkAtom
patsh
rrravyn
metsejadur
Kristo
Huntka
woorkewoorke
robizeratul
dimixbikes
Ghoul
Aescule
AkuAkuIslands
Basileus
andi511
Ragoon
Sibernethy
Gravorce
BlackDragon
Radagast82
Energy Y
tanenorther
GodDamnPeasants
Daleron
Netheril
Uhm
Galaad
YhyJasne
buffkaz
NikitaTheTanner
Unknown_Hero
Roarkes
feanor
Pitsu
Tibor0803
Verriker
SkeleTony
Steven Aus
djenic
Arys-Pole
Sir Albe
Tout à fait
GodRage
Orzie
tophatchild
Sawelios
Archibald
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

Introduce yourself - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-01-12, 04:11

Hello and welcome, andi511! It's always nice to have people from CH here. Pretty sure you will find interesting stuff in this community, especially if you like Might & Magic 6, because we have a modification project which in fact links the Enroth-based games in the most pleasing way.

Introduce yourself - Page 5 4UblIsvIntroduce yourself - Page 5 UkH1CTSIntroduce yourself - Page 5 OLTPuCGIntroduce yourself - Page 5 Orzie-2015Introduce yourself - Page 5 JkAT1z7

Introduce yourself - Page 5 VMAaP1a

If you would like to see more about the original game, feel free to visit our Heroes 2 Museum thread (ah, I need to find time to update it a little).

Peasant
Peasant
Basileus

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2017-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 16:02

Hi there,

I'm Nikolai Diego from Brazil. I've been playing HOMM since 2001, when as a kid I came to know Heroes 3. I just love the series, it's one of my favourite along with Total War games. I play all the HOMM games, from 1 to 7.
I knew about this HOMM3 Succession Wars mod, and I can say that I'm quite excited for the beta release.

Well, that's it for now.

It's nice to be in Enroth!
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 23:12

Welcome to the forum Basileus. I hope you find some interesting information here Smile
Back to top Go down
Basileus
Peasant
Peasant
Basileus

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2017-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-01-20, 04:42

Thanks, Sir Albe!
Back to top Go down
AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

Quality Points : 27
Registration Date : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-11, 11:36

Hey people, how is everyone?

I've been stalking your little project for a while from the sidelines, hoping I'd have something to contribute at some point. I'm a massive fan of the Heroes series, but HOMM2 will always be my first and true love. I also loved the Might & Magic games set in the World of Xeen.

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
I have no idea actually, almost 20 years ago? Filled with nostalgia here!

What HoMM you discovered first?
First HOMM2, then HOMM1. I actually thought it was a ridiculous game at first, I was laughing at the candy colors and the cartoon sounds. After I recruited my first Phoenix, I was hooked though, lol.

What HoMM community you frequently visit?
This is the only one.

Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
Yeah, I used to do a few. My favourite one was based on the Belgariad fantasy series by David Eddings. It even had a hero called Torak, who of course wore the Hideous Mask artifact.

What others old games do you play?
I used to be super into The Sims. Not actually playing it, but doing skins for it. That's why this community kinda peaked my interest.

What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
Participate in the Succession Wars mod and shoot the breeze. Wallow in nostalgia etc. I can't animate or program etc, but I could design stuff and draw pixel art if you guys need me.

What languages do you speak?
Finnish, English, Swedish, German

Here's some stuff I drew up last night, just for the fun of it. I actually got super inspired by the Viking Faction idea and wanted to try if I could create a valkyrie. Then I tweaked the ghost sprite to see if I could make it more of a banshee. The final one is a portrait I threw together. I personally love the crazier and more cartoony portraits, but this was easier.

If you guys have any feedback or can point me towards a tutorial or two, both would be appreciated.

Catch you later!

-Aku

Introduce yourself - Page 5 Heroes10
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-11, 11:49

Hi AkuAkuIslands and welcome to the forum Smile

Very nice art you drew. The especially find the portrait interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-11, 12:16

Hi AkuAkuIslands!

As for your graphics - try to avoid copying parts from already existing creatures. I like what you did with banshee eyes and like the portrait, but please save it in PNG so it wont loose quality Wink You can try to make new design for the mantis if you want, feel free to use my latest work

Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-11, 13:06

Wow, your work is great AkuAku! I especially like the horseback Valkyrie! Badass!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-11, 19:47

Hello Aku and welcome to the Forums of Enroth!

I have to admit that the requirements and standards for graphics in H3SW has become pretty high over the last 4 years of development. I'm afraid we no longer require artworks which are obvious "frankensteins" and contain elements from already existing creatures. This is what I've been struggling against for the whole time I coordinate the project.

Still, you are welcome to visit the forum, and I hope that you will find something useful for yourself here.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-11, 20:18

Hey! Welcome to Forums! Smile

Your ghost reminds of Deionarra, ghost of a girl from Planescape Torment. A lost, betrayed soul, straying on the Earth... Might suit well for some RPG map Smile

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-12, 00:28

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Yeah, I hear what you say about the Frankenstein syndrome. Like I said, my drawing was a mock up for fun to see how the proportions work. All and all I think the graphics of HOMM2 are actually pretty tricky to mod, considering the distinctive style. So your first instinct is to mimic the old to avoid your stuff from clashing with it. Tricky tricky... and all the more kudos to you guys for making such consistently high quality stuff! From what I've read through the forums and Facebook, you get very strong opinions on what things should look like. Some people want to add EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink to the game, while some have a very distinct point of view about what fits into the HOMM2 world. I get both sides and I guess it just shows how much people love the game!

I don't consider myself to be a modder by any stretch of imagination at all, I can't even animate! I mostly draw comics by hand, so I approach this from a complete noob perspective lol. Pardon the childish enthusiasm lol!
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-12, 04:48

I couldn't animate ever and did my first one as long as 2-2,5 months ago :p
It's not so scary, try to draw some static creatures, I'll be happy to be able to see them Wink

PS You can add alpha channel to your avatar to have blank background

AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-13, 12:28

I have never animated anything. But I thought I'd give it a try. Went through the forums looking for tips on how to draw and actually YouTube'd how to make animations lol!

I can't believe it, but she actually moves! And flies! The wings still look like the Griffins though, even if I drew them myself.

Introduce yourself - Page 5 Valkyr11

Introduce yourself - Page 5 Valkyr12
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-13, 13:08

That is a very nice edit to your unit! I can see that you have almost redraw it.
I can give you some hints, though dont take me as an expert in animating :p

1. When you animate, you have to have an image of the move in your head. If you have no idea how horse, giant treeant or anything else should move then search for videos on youtube (like Uhm did with a toad or I'm doing with mantis).
If this doesn't help because there is no video of a gnome for example, then you can stand up in your room and try to make that move yourself, look at the movement of your arms, legs, think how it'll look like from the side, think if it is comfortable or not (sometimes it can look good but can be very wrong in the very concept like I did with first moving animation for treeant (he is twisting it's body which shouldn't be happening to a wooden creature). I've been drawing concept animation frames for gnome and wyvern on a piece of paper too, it helps during work when it is more complex.

Introduce yourself - Page 5 U1DdJY3 Introduce yourself - Page 5 6uBhUY6

2. You can look at original animations, have their movement as a base for your new animation. Just dont make it exact the same, because it is never the case in H2 style.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/heroesofmightandmagic2/

3. If something is moving fast - skip more frames (see death knight attack animation).
If something is closer - it moves faster (see treeant leaves during move animation).

4. Cut your static image into pieces and redraw blanks spaces in every part like seen there:
Introduce yourself - Page 5 KMRaql8
It will make it a lot easier and faster just to move separate parts much like in pivot animator. You'll still need to redraw something most of the time, it'll just save your time. I'm using rotate tool very often and learned to make effect more or less sharp, but it's never perfect.

5. Types of animations:
Standing - for example wasp moving it's wings, zombie's flies etc.
Idle - Ready for it's turn (and mouseover? correct me if I'm wrong here)
Start moving - only for flying units, takeoff from the ground
Moving - walking, flying etc.
End moving - Same
Attack up, front, down - you need to know/guess/help yourself find the correct place for each hex on the battlefield (like I did with treeant recently)
Getting hit - obv
Death - last frame stays forever
Block - getting hit while defending
Shoot up, front, down - only archers

Only orange one's are a very must for v0.8 beta, other ones will be added later.

PS I would have forgotten. Wings probably look simillar because of the very same pattern used as a texture and simillar colors Wink Try to do some research on pegasus wings and try it out. Wing's should have 3 frames per flap like seen in dragon/wyvern animation too (Wings up, wings middle, Wings down)

//EDIT
Our posts should probably be moved to another thread, because of the off-topic

AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 01:05

Thank you so much!

Yeah, I completely remade her. My stuff is still very heavily referenced by the original sprites, but I'm making a conscious effort to break away from it and rely more on what I can draw myself freehand. Then again, it's only been ONE WEEK since I started playing around with this stuff. I did my first stuff with a mouse (not joking) and then switched over to a pen tablet. I'll happily keep on practicing on my own in the playpen and see what you guys come up with in regards to the actual mod Smile

I'm sketching on paper at the moment as well and I had actually cut up the valkyrie to bits when I animated her. You're right, makes it so much easier. How do you keep the quality from suffering when you're rotating the bits? Or is it completely unavoidable? I use Photoshop. I wonder how the original artists did the frames? They drew every single one by hand and then it got scanned etc?

I'll start another thread when I get more stuff done so we won't clutter up this one. Thank you so much for the feedback and the tips, really appreciate it!

-Aku
Back to top Go down
Ghoul
Skeleton
Skeleton
Ghoul

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 14:21

Hey!

I don't believe I've ever spoken about myself on this forum but I've been a big follower of the Heroes of Might and Magic franchise, and was first introduced by my family when I was young, around 3 years old. Of course at that time I had no idea what I was doing and would lose but it was still a blast and has stuck with me all the way to this day, currently 21 and still following all the news on it I can get my hands on to this day.

my favorite game of the series personally has always been 2 mainly due to the beautiful pixel art; so you could imagine just how excited I was to see this project. I've been lurking quite a while and have noticed the constant of a stream of negativity coming from the other forums. I'd just like to raise my voice of one of the many that are very excited for this project and say that everything I've seen so far has gone above and beyond. Beautiful pixel art that not only canonically fits but rivals the quality of the original pieces themselves. A lot of the criticism I saw mainly came from their ignorance of the topic and it's amazing to see how well you're able to handle it all.

Thank you very much for all you're doing and I'll surely play the hell out of anything I can get my hands on, because it's all looked superb so far.

You also constantly inspire me to go through heroes 2 and 3 to replay the campaigns, I think it's about time to do Archibalds since I just finished Rolands recently

Edit: Thought I'd share I found my old disks, not that they're of much use to me now  Smile

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 19:20

Hello and welcome to the Forums of Enroth! Feel yourself at home.

Quote :
I've been lurking quite a while and have noticed the constant of a stream of negativity coming from the other forums.
I assure you that the real situation differs from what it may seem. We rarely get haters (only one or two in the last year), they are just the loudest and get the most attention, while conscious people just enjoy. That's what social networks are best at - people who are not concerned enough to leave a comment may still push the "like" button as a sign of attention. Not the best option, but it works. Even now without a proper release we get pretty nice attention for a mod of a very old game.

Moreover, those mentioned haters don't hate the project as is, but they rather oppose my way of thinking specifically (which is in fact different from many, including the man who started the mod, Mister Kalu). It's part of the human psychology I suppose, where they start making suggestions when they get an illusion that they really can change something because the developer is too close (unlike AAA games) and because they have that feel about "if something can be changed now, it must be changed". That's a case which sometimes requires purely authorital remarks to cut down most of such suggestions. Almost everyone has his own ideas, but they will be surprised how small is the auditory after they finally bring their changes to life (but well, usually they are not able to bring them ever because development is much harder than it seems for a person walking around and not concerned into the details).

Since we have a working team which didn't crumble to pieces after 4 years and a rather good-looking version coming out real soon, I can assume that I'm not the worst team coordinator. The journey has only just begun because the most of my professional skills (music and promotion) has not been even used yet, so the potential auditory of the mod is about 40-100 times larger than now. I just needed something to start with.

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-15, 21:07

Welcome everyhero! Very Happy

AkuAkuIslands wrote:
Wahhhh this portrait is totally H2ish!!! Introduce yourself - Page 5 176330334

AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-15, 21:11

In a good or a bad way? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-02-15, 21:42

In a good way Wink
I mean that if you told me that's coming from the original game, I could trust you. Introduce yourself - Page 5 3525543374

dimixbikes
Peasant
Peasant
dimixbikes

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2017-03-21

PostSubject: New here    Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-03-21, 13:39

Hello everyone! I recently stumbled across this website and decided to join as I am a huge heroes fan. Well i suppose Im a huge fan, however i really only like Heroes 1 thru 3. I started playing heroes 1 when i was a kid (im 31 now) and Im guessing the game was a couple years old at that point (i never had the latest games when i grew up). Regardless I played heroes 1 alot until I got my hands on a copy of heroes 2 which i completely fell in love with. Then i played the hell out of heroes 3 which i feel is probably the best installment in the entire series. Dabbled a bit in Kings Bounty as well. Anywho as time pasted i sort of forgot about the game series until i discovered they remade Heroes 3 to run on my ipad. I purchased the download and started enjoying it all over again... well until i realized it had no random map generator and crashed every 5 minutes. I now have a copy installed on computer and looking to get back into heroes 1 & 2 as well. I attempted to play heroes 4 but did not like the direction the graphics are moving - perhaps Im dated but i like the graphics of 3. I never realized there were fan made add-ons to these games so Im looking at downloading Horn of the Abyss & The Succession Wars soon (any trusted sources for links or advice? Im not super computer savvy).

I also played Sid meyers Colonization as a kid - i purchased a used copy of it from gamestop years ago for $1 haha. Also a wonderful game i can still enjoy.

Thanks for reading my rant. Nice site you guys have here and Im glad there are others that still love these games.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 08:31

Hello!  

first, there are a lot of h3 mods and maps. Most use ERA 2 (a mod manager that lets you switch between your mods).This is a good place to start with a huge thread containing a lot of download links: http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=12

If you have patience, everything is explained there. If you dont just ask and I will try to help out!
Back to top Go down
woorkewoorke
Peasant
Peasant
woorkewoorke

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2017-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-04-06, 04:01

I was incredibly surprised and pleased to find this community!!! HoMM2 cast a spell on me as a child and I've never quite shaken off the magic. After a decade of not playing the game, I found myself groovin' one day to the Necromancer theme song which I suddenly remembered out of nowhere. Found HoMM2 on GoG a week ago and sunk my teeth in again. And now - Forums of Enroth!! Just my luck!!

As for the questionnaire:

HoMM2 Gold, in '97 or '98 I think? I was 8 or 9 at the time.

HoMM2 - and that was the only one I ever seriously played. HoMM3 lacked the fairytale charm entirely.

I didn't even know there was one until I stumbled upon this website!

A TON as a kid but I never had the cojones to post them to the Astral Wizard site. Too bad they're lost for all time - and I'm having trouble accessing the HoMM2 editor (happy to receive any pertinent info on this end - I would 100% jump back into making HoMM2 maps)

Heroes 2 is the only game I play from pre-2005 - it was the only game to exert such a strong emotional and nostalgic pull on me. The other oldest game I play, in far 2nd place, is likely Civilization 4.

I don't want the HoMM2 flame to die!! I just barely looked at HoMM3: Succession Wars and Project Ironfist - I will absolutely be playing them! (I can't mod whatsoever)

English, conversational French and Spanish

I am looking forward to becoming a member of this website from here on out!!
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-04-06, 23:52

Bienvenue dans les Forums of Enroth ! Introduce yourself - Page 5 589285140

Huntka
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Huntka

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2017-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime2017-05-19, 06:56

1996 - it was my first game I ever bought, I even had no computer yet (I got it half year later)

HoM&M 2

www.tawerna.biz
heroes.net.pl

a lot

Starcraft, Warcraft, Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Master of Orion II, Civilization, Ufo Enemy Unknown, Dune II, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Duke Nukem 3d, Hattrick, Sensible World of Soccer, Transport Tycoon Deluxe and many others

Meet new people

polish/english

What else should we ask you?

I am not sure :d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next