~ Forums of Enroth ~

An Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Heroes of Might & Magic 2 Civilization 2 Mod!
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2019-10-13, 21:20

» HoMM Similar Games & HoMM Total Conversion Mods List
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2019-10-13, 21:18

» New Old School Might and Magic Game
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2019-10-13, 18:20

» Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby Orzie 2019-10-08, 03:19

» [H3SW 0.8.1] Along The Coast
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby Sibernethy 2019-10-06, 11:30

» Project Ironfist announcements
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby Darmani 2019-10-04, 12:32

» [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitimeby Ctesiphon 2019-10-01, 23:19

Poll
"Wait" in HoMM2?
Yes
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Redbar1180%[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Redbar12
 80% [ 55 ]
No
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Redbar1120%[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Redbar12
 20% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 69
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Succession Wars - General info & Announcements
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta
Welcome fellow Enrothians!
Enrothian Fan Art
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!

[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

Quality Points : 12
Registration Date : 2019-05-09

[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Empty
PostSubject: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-25, 02:42

Greetings,
I am happy to present my 7th map for H3SW - Flint's Flight.

Players: 5 (1 playable)
Size: M
Suggested difficulty: At least normal (let me know how you won at impossible)

Description:
Enemy is knocking at your gates with a strong army behind him. Your only chance to survive lies in fleeing north and establishing a new base before you come to reclaim your lands!

Preview:
[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Flints10

Download:
Direct download here -> https://github.com/Ctesiphon225/Ctesiphon/raw/H3SW-Maps/H3SW%20Maps/Flint's%20Flight/H3SW%20-%20Flint's%20Flight.h3m

More maps here -> https://github.com/Ctesiphon225/Ctesiphon/tree/H3SW-Maps/H3SW%20Maps

Download from Lands of Enroth here -> http://homm2.free.fr/enroth.php?p=mapview&mapid=12

Thanks for playing, and have fun!
Ctesiphon

EDIT: uploaded map version 2, added LoE link (25.9.2019)

Last edited by Ctesiphon on 2019-09-26, 06:42; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-26, 01:44

This mission is so cheesy. I tried this map out and I must literally board Flint on the boat on my right the first day and immediately buy another hero to protect my starting Wizard castle with that random Wizard hero against the Dervish forces on my west, collect everything around that town on the first day while Flint is collecting all the floating treasure around the unoccupied towns and as soon as possible, occupy the remaining 2 Barbarian and 1 Wizard town on the north and northeast. Build my forces there and make sure I will become powerful enough to defeat the Dervish.
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-26, 02:26

Tibor0803 wrote:
This mission is so cheesy. I tried this map out and I must literally board Flint on the boat on my right the first day and immediately buy another hero to protect my starting Wizard castle with that random Wizard hero against the Dervish forces on my west, collect everything around that town on the first day while Flint is collecting all the floating treasure around the unoccupied towns and as soon as possible, occupy the remaining 2 Barbarian and 1 Wizard town on the north and northeast. Build my forces there and make sure I will become powerful enough to defeat the Dervish.

That sounds like a perfectly valid tactic to win the map!
Did it work, though?

Thanks for feedback <3
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-27, 01:26

Ctesiphon wrote:
Tibor0803 wrote:

That sounds like a perfectly valid tactic to win the map!
Did it work, though?

Thanks for feedback <3

Doesn't work at all. Flint gets attacked when he tries to get near enemy islands on the north where a lot of treasure is floating on the water. Barbarians coming from the northeastern edge immediately attacks Flint and his lack of power. I lose at this rate. Also, the exact same time a second wave of overpowered Dervish forces attack my Wizard castle from the west which tells me I rather build my forces on Flint and it doesn't worth to even build or keep the Wizard town. That's actually sad and I don't seem to maintain the town. If I build my forces in Wizard, then I must time my movement with Flint and take all the forces from my secondary hero and eventually let the Dervish take it as Flint escapes from the south with the remaining Wizard troops. (vast majority of Flint's army at this time is made out of Halflings, Boars, Gnomes and Rocs) I gotta occupy the other Wizard town on the northeast first and then the Barbarian ones. Or at least this is what is in my mind right now, but so far I have no luck succeed with this map. Btw, the map itself is really challenging and mind cracking. Well done job there.
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-27, 02:03

Tibor0803 wrote:

Doesn't work at all. Flint gets attacked when he tries to get near enemy islands on the north where a lot of treasure is floating on the water. Barbarians coming from the northeastern edge immediately attacks Flint and his lack of power. I lose at this rate. Also, the exact same time a second wave of overpowered Dervish forces attack my Wizard castle from the west which tells me I rather build my forces on Flint and it doesn't worth to even build or keep the Wizard town. That's actually sad and I don't seem to maintain the town. If I build my forces in Wizard, then I must time my movement with Flint and take all the forces from my secondary hero and eventually let the Dervish take it as Flint escapes from the south with the remaining Wizard troops. (vast majority of Flint's army at this time is made out of Halflings, Boars, Gnomes and Rocs) I gotta occupy the other Wizard town on the northeast first and then the Barbarian ones. Or at least this is what is in my mind right now, but so far I have no luck succeed with this map. Btw, the map itself is really challenging and mind cracking. Well done job there.

I am glad you appreciate the challenge Wink
This one was designed to be a little harder nut to crack.

I test played on hard, might I know, what difficulty are you using?
I am especially curious if the map is winnable on impossible.

I also slightly changed a few things on the map - the dwellings around the map are now barbarian rather than random, and 7th tier unit guarding the dervish territory is swapped by hostile green dragons.

Have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-27, 05:17

Personally, I play it on Normal, because I realized I need resources in order to defend myself against the already Hard difficulty thinking AI and this map is not an everyday map. I must be well-awared from both the northern Barbarians and western Dervishes. I will keep trying. The sad part of the game is I usually pick up the Tax Lien or other cursed artifacts from floating survivors and some treasure chests which in these situations force me to buy a new hero to get rid of the cursed artifact as it influences both my army management and quality of battles just as the remaining casualties out of them. Extra 2500 gold into nothingness. There's only one boat on my right, not a shipyard to make my secondary Wizard get onboard as well to escape the town with the forces from there. If I lose the first Wizard town, then there's no way I can collect gold faster. The weeks past fast this way and I won't be able to strenghten my army enough to defeat either the enemies on my north or the western Dervishes. The one Greater Druid or Master Swordsman stack usually joins my army which guards 2 pieces of treasure chests and a Medusa dwelling, but it's hard to predict if they join me, that would be a huge help, because I must know if they willing to join which is possible via Visions spell which doesn't seem my mage guild offer to me. So far, I captured the Wizard town on the north and build everything there as well as picking up both the sawmill and ore mine as fast as I possibly can. I don't know what to do after this, but maintaining the first town is hard as all living F.

The two changes you made to your map both greatly helps out my survivability. I gotta run for a new game on that map and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-27, 06:03

Tibor0803 wrote:
Personally, I play it on Normal, because I realized I need resources in order to defend myself against the already Hard difficulty thinking AI and this map is not an everyday map.

Map difficulty actually doesn't really do anything from gameplay perspective. It only serves as a difficulty indicator (Easy -> very easy map; Expert -> very hard map). Map difficulty also multiplies your score, should you win the game (Easy -> you get around 90% score, Normal -> 100% score, Expert -> 130% score, etc.).

EDIT: the score stuff did work in HoMM2, but in HoMM3 (and inherentely in H3SW) it doesn't seem to have the same effect.

Quote :
I must be well-awared from both the northern Barbarians and western Dervishes. I will keep trying. The sad part of the game is I usually pick up the Tax Lien or other cursed artifacts from floating survivors and some treasure chests which in these situations force me to buy a new hero to get rid of the cursed artifact as it influences both my army management and quality of battles just as the remaining casualties out of them. Extra 2500 gold into nothingness.

Well, you can always save the game or use autosaves. There is no shame in loading...

Quote :

There's only one boat on my right, not a shipyard to make my secondary Wizard get onboard as well to escape the town with the forces from there. If I lose the first Wizard town, then there's no way I can collect gold faster. The weeks past fast this way and I won't be able to strenghten my army enough to defeat either the enemies on my north or the western Dervishes.

On Normal difficulty I would probably advise to just plain leave your starting town to the Green player. Do not even buy a new hero, he is probably not going to pay for himself, even if he collect nearby resources.

Quote :

The one Greater Druid or Master Swordsman stack usually joins my army which guards 2 pieces of treasure chests and a Medusa dwelling, but it's hard to predict if they join me, that would be a huge help, because I must know if they willing to join which is possible via Visions spell which doesn't seem my mage guild offer to me.

All monsters on map are default set to "aggressive" (might join, might not join), only the green dragons in the desert are "hostile" (can't join). If any monsters join you, it's pure luck.

Quote :

So far, I captured the Wizard town on the north and build everything there as well as picking up both the sawmill and ore mine as fast as I possibly can. I don't know what to do after this, but maintaining the first town is hard as all living F.

I guess any further strategy is dependent on what is AI doing. They usually fight in betwixt for the gold mines, so just wait for an opportune moment and seize some of their cities.
Remember that you have the advantage of being the only player with ships (at least from the beginning).

Quote :

The two changes you made to your map both greatly helps out my survivability. I gotta run for a new game on that map and see what happens.

Feel free to reply, how you progressed Smile

Have a nice day <3
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-28, 21:37

Ctesiphon wrote:
Map difficulty actually doesn't really do anything from gameplay perspective. It only serves as a difficulty indicator (Easy -> very easy map; Expert -> very hard map). Map difficulty also multiplies your score, should you win the game (Easy -> you get around 90% score, Normal -> 100% score, Expert -> 130% score, etc.).

EDIT: the score stuff did work in HoMM2, but in HoMM3 (and inherentely in H3SW) it doesn't seem to have the same effect.

I don't talk about the map difficulty, I'm talking about the difficulty I choose to start the game. The Normal difficulty AI just as the Hard one, usually go for the 7th level creature on the first week and somehow manage to collect enough resources for them. Eventually on the 2nd or 3rd week, they gonna surprise attack my army which is way below their forces. Several of Genies on the 2nd week is huge. Sure Genies are not as expensive as a Giant or a Titan in cost, but still.

Ctesiphon wrote:
Well, you can always save the game or use autosaves. There is no shame in loading...

That's a good advice there, even if I forget to manually save in common.  Laughing

Ctesiphon wrote:
On Normal difficulty I would probably advise to just plain leave your starting town to the Green player. Do not even buy a new hero, he is probably not going to pay for himself, even if he collect nearby resources.

So then, what actually I have to do after Flint set himself aboard the ship? I mean, should he occupy the Barbarian towns first or just the Wizard on the north, where some other powerful Witches can be found? Well, if I don't occupy the Wizard one above me, then the Witches will surely do instead me a week later.

Ctesiphon wrote:
All monsters on map are default set to "aggressive" (might join, might not join), only the green dragons in the desert are "hostile" (can't join). If any monsters join you, it's pure luck.

This is why I want to have the Visions spell, because I can predict if they willing to join me or not. If your suggestion is to leave the first town then I shouldn't take care of Visions spell. There are no monsters on the islands where the unoccupied towns can be found.

Ctesiphon wrote:
I guess any further strategy is dependent on what is AI doing. They usually fight in betwixt for the gold mines, so just wait for an opportune moment and seize some of their cities.
Remember that you have the advantage of being the only player with ships (at least from the beginning).

What's the point of occupying the enemy castles and right immediately leave them behind to make the enemy re-occupy them? Also how I suppose to check what the AI doing when I cannot see through the covered territory?
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-28, 23:56

Tibor0803 wrote:

I don't talk about the map difficulty, I'm talking about the difficulty I choose to start the game.

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood.

Quote :

The Normal difficulty AI just as the Hard one, usually go for the 7th level creature on the first week and somehow manage to collect enough resources for them. Eventually on the 2nd or 3rd week, they gonna surprise attack my army which is way below their forces. Several of Genies on the 2nd week is huge. Sure Genies are not as expensive as a Giant or a Titan in cost, but still.

Well, they have genies, because they start with Altar of Wishes built in the eastern city.

Quote :

So then, what actually I have to do after Flint set himself aboard the ship? I mean, should he occupy the Barbarian towns first or just the Wizard on the north, where some other powerful Witches can be found? Well, if I don't occupy the Wizard one above me, then the Witches will surely do instead me a week later.

I don't know, what the ideal strategy is.
When I played the map, I immediately went to capture the desert island city, bought two heroes there. Flint then went for the wizard town north, second hero went for the grass island city, and third hero first collected everything on desert island, then collected everything that could be found on the sea.

Quote :

What's the point of occupying the enemy castles and right immediately leave them behind to make the enemy re-occupy them? Also how I suppose to check what the AI doing when I cannot see through the covered territory?

The Dervish may for example split his forces to attack north. You can sent army from your two barb cities to seize some of his.
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-09-30, 21:46

Ctesiphon wrote:
Well, they have genies, because they start with Altar of Wishes built in the eastern city.

That's a good to know information. This is why I cannot simply take the Dervish, no matter how quickly I grow my army.

Ctesiphon wrote:
I don't know, what the ideal strategy is.
When I played the map, I immediately went to capture the desert island city, bought two heroes there. Flint then went for the wizard town north, second hero went for the grass island city, and third hero first collected everything on desert island, then collected everything that could be found on the sea.

But how you can do it when they have Altar of Wishes right off the bat? That doesn't make any sense. What do you bring there with your secondary hero to even stand a chance against the Genies armed Dervish hero? Also you cannot send anyone else to north besides Flint because you have only one boat. This is only possible if Flint lend his boat to another hero, which is unnecessary as he is the navigation specialist, unless you take your time to take the Wizard town above and right immediately build the shipyard, then get the summon boat spell from your starting wizard town (if it offers the spell at all) by the mage guild.
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime2019-10-01, 23:19

Tibor0803 wrote:

But how you can do it when they have Altar of Wishes right off the bat? That doesn't make any sense. What do you bring there with your secondary hero to even stand a chance against the Genies armed Dervish hero? Also you cannot send anyone else to north besides Flint because you have only one boat. This is only possible if Flint lend his boat to another hero, which is unnecessary as he is the navigation specialist, unless you take your time to take the Wizard town above and right immediately build the shipyard, then get the summon boat spell from your starting wizard town (if it offers the spell at all) by the mage guild.

You don't buy the heroes in your starting city, but in the barb city on the desert island, right next to which you can find a shipyard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight   [H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[H3SW 0.8.1] Flint's Flight
Page 1 of 1