~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Redbar110%[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Redbar11100%[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Redbar110%[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

Quality Points : 13
Registration Date : 2019-05-09

[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Empty
PostSubject: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-06-24, 03:46

Dear H3SW community,
Allow me to present my fifth map - the Heroes of Might & Magic 4 classic: The Ultimate Mug of Ale in the coat of H3SW.

Size: S
Players: 3 (1 playable)
Suggested difficulty: At least hard

Description:
Evil Nigel Butterworth III. has kidnapped George DeGnome's family and locked them in his dungeons. In order to save them George has to bring Nigel a recipe for the Ultimate Mug of Ale, which grants immortality to the one who drinks it.

Preview:
[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale The_ul10

Download link:
https://ulozto.net/!nScFzQMHbKj0/h3sw-the-ultimate-mug-of-ale-h3m#_ga=2.68006481.137209457.1561304552-2020915797.1539888492

or alternatively

http://homm2.free.fr/maps/up/H3SW%20-%20The%20Ultimate%20Mug%20of%20Ale.h3m

Have fun and feel free to comment Smile
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-13, 11:15

Desorienting !
Day 1 of the map, A long bla bla for an artefact, but I see that the mission's objective is to capture a Castle.  [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale 589285140

I played in Hard mode, 68 days.
After finishing the map, I think the short story is good.  [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale 164599763
But this hero is just born [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale 3947099518 ...i don't want to spoil so i will not write more.  [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale 589285140

Last edited by GodRage on 2019-08-13, 22:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-13, 19:52

If there is some trick required for special victory condition, I think we can try something. I'll get back to the map in a few days to check the details.

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-13, 22:54

Orzie wrote:
If there is some trick required for special victory condition, I think we can try something. I'll get back to the map in a few days to check the details.
Nah don't worry, nothing of that kind. Smile
My first line was "at start of the map", i'll edit my message to make it more clear. Smile

Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: story   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-14, 02:08

Well, this was a try to remake one of my favourite HoMM4 maps, including the story, which goes:

1. good guy has to find artifact to have his family released
2. he gives artifact to the bad guy, yet he runs away and doesn't release anyone
3. good guy finds and kills the bad guy in his castle
4. good guy saves his family

In HoMM4 editor you could dynamically change victory condition text with any event script so you would really know, what would happen in the future - the original win condition text was something like: "Save Daddy DeGnome, Mom DeGnome and Sis DeGnome", since HoMM4 win condition text didn't have to have anything in common with the actual event triggering a victory.

The quest/event script system was the very best thing in history of HoMM map editors, it was simple, yet providing almost endless options for mapmakers.
I so wish that HoMM3:SW would replicate it, but I very much expect it not to, just because of how much coding of the engine would that need...

But thanks for playing and writing your thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-14, 02:59

H3SW still has its roots in WoG, so we still have access to the ERM script language. So, technically, a lot of things are possible, they are just harder to use for people who are not familiar with the language syntax (such as me, for example).

Yes, HoMM4 plot development and text writing was really awesome. I completely support you on the point. It might seem a bit too much for the fans of other installments of the game, but writing was something that was really charming. In H3SW, the campaign texts will be closer to HoMM4 in approach, with probably less text volume in order to not scare the auditory.

Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: maps maps maps   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-14, 04:14

Orzie wrote:
H3SW still has its roots in WoG, so we still have access to the ERM script language. So, technically, a lot of things are possible, they are just harder to use for people who are not familiar with the language syntax (such as me, for example).

I never played nor made maps for WoG, so I cannot pretend to be an expert in that case, but I still have to praise the accessibility and features of HoMM4 event system.
I don't know if you ever made maps in HoMM4, but it had a if-then system of events, where IF was deduced from type of event (timed, placed, hero-death, town-capture, quest, etc.), and ELSE was for all the same consequence menu from which you just chose actions you wanted ranging all from give resource, add exp, change allignement of towns, to destroying obstacles on map. And it was easy enough to use for an 10-year-old who barely spoke english.

Orzie wrote:

Yes, HoMM4 plot development and text writing was really awesome. I completely support you on the point. It might seem a bit too much for the fans of other installments of the game, but writing was something that was really charming. In H3SW, the campaign texts will be closer to HoMM4 in approach, with probably less text volume in order to not scare the auditory.

Price of Peace and Half-Dead rule them all! Suck a big fat D Ubisoft!
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 02:03

I couldn't move through water gate, cause opponent stole ankh and run away : (
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: bad things happen   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 03:05

YhyJasne wrote:
I couldn't move through water gate, cause opponent stole ankh and run away : (

Yeah, I didn't really thought about that happening. Not really sure about how to fix that, though :/
I could just put there coloured gates and tents, but I do not really want to. I guess losing one of the key artifacts counts itself as a lose condition Smile

But thanks for playing and providing that ever so welcome feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 04:29

How the situation would be resolved in the original H4 map, then? I suppose, similar conditions should be replicated here.

Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: problems problems   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 05:22

Orzie wrote:
How the situation would be resolved in the original H4 map, then? I suppose, similar conditions should be replicated here.

In original version of the map you collect 3 artifacts, give them to quest giver, recieve another artifact, which you bring to a quest tower. Then you lose artifacts and an event deletes barrier allowing you to go underground.

In my version there is no such event, you just go to a quest hut just after the quest tower, you get Ankh (only human player can get it), then you give it to another quest tower in water allowing you to go underground.

Only way of losing the Ankh is sending a weak hero for it, and while he is on the way back, enemy catches him, and either returns back behind his gate, for which you don't have a key, or retreats from the battle.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 05:40

Well, in this case, everything seems legit. The player can still catch a computer hero someday, they will just lose more time in doing so.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Just~Another~Lemming

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2019-05-25

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 11:06

Just wrapped up a game of this map today, very inventive!  I never played Heroes 4, so I don't get the origin reference.  I did Impossible and it took me 39 days (394 points).  Those Devils you gift us with are quite effective Very Happy .

The design was very good and I did not run into any problems.  It took me a few starts to get going, as I was pretty surprised when my first town was taken away from me on day three by red! Shocked   I realized that on impossible I had to get a seed that started me with a woodpile nearby my hero or I couldn't get the tavern in the town to hire defensive heroes.  If I had played anything easier than Impossible I probably would not have had that issue.

I did manage to get up to a level 5 mages guild in my primary town, but was not gifted with any game breaking spells (dimension door, town portal, fly, or water walking), luckily  Wink.  More fun on this map without those!

Thanks again for the work you put into it, very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 21:09

Just~Another~Lemming wrote:
Just wrapped up a game of this map today, very inventive!  I never played Heroes 4, so I don't get the origin reference.  I did Impossible and it took me 39 days (394 points).  Those Devils you gift us with are quite effective Very Happy .

The design was very good and I did not run into any problems.  It took me a few starts to get going, as I was pretty surprised when my first town was taken away from me on day three by red! Shocked   I realized that on impossible I had to get a seed that started me with a woodpile nearby my hero or I couldn't get the tavern in the town to hire defensive heroes.  If I had played anything easier than Impossible I probably would not have had that issue.

I did manage to get up to a level 5 mages guild in my primary town, but was not gifted with any game breaking spells (dimension door, town portal, fly, or water walking), luckily  Wink.  More fun on this map without those!

Thanks again for the work you put into it, very enjoyable.

Thanks again for playing and for providing feedback. I am glad you like the little map Smile

The wood pile part catched me out of guard a bit, didn't you miss the Pandora's Box, which gives you 20 wood? Or did you want to build either fort and tavern? Why would you want to do that? The wizard town is there just for giving you a few days to breathe, I didn't really expect anyone to try to build anything in it (except town hall).

And yes, in some of my maps are those spells impossible to obtain Smile
Back to top Go down
Just~Another~Lemming
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Just~Another~Lemming

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2019-05-25

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-19, 05:52

That is true, but I can't wait that long if I want to take that red town on the left.  He gets too powerful too fast and I am always looking for the very best play.  I couldn't get the devils and the pandoras box on that first turn.  I could however get enough gold piles and that one wood pile to purchase a tavern on turn 1 and had enough gold to hire two heroes right off the bat and take the down the creature stack along the road with one hero and then my 2nd hero had just enough movement to take red town on the on turn one.  You placed the enemy hero just out of town, so I snuck in there right away!  Cool
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: nice   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime2019-08-19, 06:27

Just~Another~Lemming wrote:
That is true, but I can't wait that long if I want to take that red town on the left.  He gets too powerful too fast and I am always looking for the very best play.  I couldn't get the devils and the pandoras box on that first turn.  I could however get enough gold piles and that one wood pile to purchase a tavern on turn 1 and had enough gold to hire two heroes right off the bat and take the down the creature stack along the road with one hero and then my 2nd hero had just enough movement to take red town on the on turn one.  You placed the enemy hero just out of town, so I snuck in there right away!  Cool

I didn't even think about such outrageous tactics... Well, kudos to you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale   [H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[H3SW 0.8.1] The Ultimate Mug of Ale
Page 1 of 1