Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Succession Wars - General info & Announcements
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta
Welcome fellow Enrothians!
Enrothian Fan Art
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!

[H3SW 0.8.1] Migration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ctesiphon
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ctesiphon

Quality Points : 11
Registration Date : 2019-05-09

[H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Empty
PostSubject: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-05-27, 02:10

Allow me to introduce my first H3SW map.
2 players, both playable. Multiplayer reccomended.
[H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Migrat10

I don't know how to insert a file, so download link is below:
Download link
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 796
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-05-30, 05:22

Unfortunately, we do not have a server for maps, so right now the map links will have to be sustained by some other means.
Perhaps GodRage can find a solution to this problem later.

I will be checking out the map a little later, when IRL stuff cools down. Smile

For now I saved it on our Dropbox too, so it shouldn't get lost if something goes wrong. Please also feel free to write in this thread if the map is somehow updated.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-06-09, 22:33

The map feels nice without any excessive content. If the goal was to create a Heroes 2-styled map for faster gameplay, I think it was successfully accomplished.

I should note however, that in most occasions the player would not have enough reasons to visit some places like resource banks or abandoned mines on isolated islands. There will be even less reasons to do so in a game vs. human opponent since overall gameplay tempo must be kept high in order to win, and capturing castles (which are abundant) is a much more viable strategy.

Pikeman
Pikeman
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-06-13, 01:37

Orzie wrote:
The map feels nice without any excessive content. If the goal was to create a Heroes 2-styled map for faster gameplay, I think it was successfully accomplished.

I should note however, that in most occasions the player would not have enough reasons to visit some places like resource banks or abandoned mines on isolated islands. There will be even less reasons to do so in a game vs. human opponent since overall gameplay tempo must be kept high in order to win, and capturing castles (which are abundant) is a much more viable strategy.

Thank you for feedback, it is appreciated.
And yes I agree on account of the unneccessity of the islands, but I guess they do no harm, so I'll probably keep them there anyway.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 214
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-06-20, 22:35

Orzie wrote:
Unfortunately, we do not have a server for maps, so right now the map links will have to be sustained by some other means.
Perhaps GodRage can find a solution to this problem later.
Yes, i was working on something. Smile
I made a new topic for that subject: Lands of Enroth - Maps system

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-06-21, 05:07

Ctesiphon wrote:
Thank you for feedback, it is appreciated.
And yes I agree on account of the unneccessity of the islands, but I guess they do no harm, so I'll probably keep them there anyway.

There are solutions for that too. For example, when you pre-set the guardians for most of the towns on the mainland, this will force the players to search for gold elsewhere. This, however, can slow down the gameplay, which is probably not how this map should be played. Those with Turn Undead spell or Hydras in army will benefit a little more from the Abandoned Mines, but it was intentional in H3SW to leave them "unbalanced" just as a homage to Heroes 2. I'd still like to have an ability to pre-set the guardians for such objects in future.

I will see what we can do in the next update about the banks. Indeed, previous experience was quite negative because the overall gameplay style is still being formed and requires at least a renewed magic system to crystallize.

I will take a look on other maps of yours a little later, when IRL stuff cools down, and encourage everyone who reads this to do the same. Smile

Pikeman
Pikeman
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-06-21, 07:40

Orzie wrote:

There are solutions for that too. For example, when you pre-set the guardians for most of the towns on the mainland, this will force the players to search for gold elsewhere. This, however, can slow down the gameplay, which is probably not how this map should be played.
Precisely what I had in mind.

Orzie wrote:

Those with Turn Undead spell or Hydras in army will benefit a little more from the Abandoned Mines, but it was intentional in H3SW to leave them "unbalanced" just as a homage to Heroes 2. I'd still like to have an ability to pre-set the guardians for such objects in future.
Abandoned mines are set to always gold - they are not meant to be seized early, but serve as another source of gold should the game take too long.

About the other small islands - maybe I will put tier 2 artifact to the treasure building and a tier 4-6 dwelling to the other. We'll see.

Orzie wrote:

I will see what we can do in the next update about the banks. Indeed, previous experience was quite negative because the overall gameplay style is still being formed and requires at least a renewed magic system to crystallize.

I will take a look on other maps of yours a little later, when IRL stuff cools down, and encourage everyone who reads this to do the same. Smile
Of course Very Happy
Thanks for feedback and have fun with the other maps.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 214
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-08-14, 01:10

Ctesiphon wrote:
Allow me to introduce my first H3SW map.
2 players, both playable. Multiplayer reccomended.
[H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Migrat10

I don't know how to insert a file, so download link is below:
Download link
I played it versus computer.
It's a good map. As you told, this map should be really enjoyable in multiplayer. [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration 2551314513

Ctesiphon
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-08-14, 02:11

Quote :

It's a good map. As you told, this map should be really enjoyable in multiplayer. [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration 2551314513

Yeah, it is a very simple quick map made in one evening. Something you play once and you're done with it.
I could see trying to "speedrun" it on impossible against AI, which might be fun, or playing in multiplayer.

Thanks for playing and sharing your thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
Just~Another~Lemming
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Just~Another~Lemming

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2019-05-25

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 13:17

Ctesiphon wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, it is a very simple quick map made in one evening. Something you play once and you're done with it.
I could see trying to "speedrun" it on impossible against AI, which might be fun, or playing in multiplayer.

Thanks for playing and sharing your thoughts Smile

Funny to see you suggest a speed run against AI on impossible.  I just did that and was able to get through in 26 days on impossible.  Probably room for improvement, especially if were to somehow completely stop the other player from getting onto the main island, but I did not manage that.

The only comment I have is whether that one campfire on blue's starting island is supposed be to inaccessible by land?  The forest there blocks it.  You would have to board a boat and go around.  I did not check to see if red's campfire had any issues.

Thanks for the map! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Ctesiphon
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ctesiphon

PostSubject: migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime2019-08-18, 20:46

Just~Another~Lemming wrote:

Funny to see you suggest a speed run against AI on impossible.  I just did that and was able to get through in 26 days on impossible.  Probably room for improvement, especially if were to somehow completely stop the other player from getting onto the main island, but I did not manage that.

The only comment I have is whether that one campfire on blue's starting island is supposed be to inaccessible by land?  The forest there blocks it.  You would have to board a boat and go around.  I did not check to see if red's campfire had any issues.

Thanks for the map! bigsmile

Thanks for playing and for providing feedback, I am glad you enjoyed it Smile

This was the first map I created for H3SW and I didn't notice you cannot reach Blue's campfire (even though I played it, wonder how I missed somthing like that), in HoMM2 that campfire would have been completely accessible, but here the terrain works bit differently, thanks for a notice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration   [H3SW 0.8.1] Migration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[H3SW 0.8.1] Migration
Page 1 of 1