H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Dervish Faction General Concept
Enrothian Fan Art
Commanders?
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Серия книг "Земли Меча и Магии"

Share | 

English speaking, Heroes of the world !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

Quality Points : 145
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-12, 04:22

Hmmm.. I still don't know how I will "transform" this forum... Making an internationnal HoMM 2 forum ?
But then, I will need native language moderators for each "languaged sub-forum".

About the graphics, maybe next weekend I will be able to do something "better". :-)
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-14, 05:49

Ok, I kind of finished the new look of the forum !! Smile

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 665
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-14, 18:41

Oh, it's cool to have such a board here. I still can make posts using Google Translate, but it doesn't give a single clue about the proper use of the articles Smile
I mean, I don't know which words represent "a", "the", and so on in French.

I can help you with the English graphics for the buttons, but a bit later - on the New Year holidays. Currently I am too busy with projects, like HoMM2 New Year Mod.

My native language is not English, but I can speak it freely, so count me in.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-15, 01:27

Yeah.. Smile I don't know how to do it yet... Maybe making giant button with english/russian/french on it ?... I don't know...

Hehehehe christmas version... Razz

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-16, 01:03

I think that the map forums take too much space. I would rearrange the forum, making a subforum called "Mapmaking Guild" until further notice.

So, as one of the options, the forum could be:

--
HoMM2 Downloads
Tavern (Discuss everything, blah blah blah)
Modding Guild (Modding is magic! Change, create or improve.) - I also recommend you to create a thread for your Heroes 2 patch here and maintain the news in French. I will be responsible for any Russian/English modifications, and will try to provide the translation in French for the news (using Google Translate).
Mapmaking Guild (Reveal the unknown landscapes of Enroth or any other world with the prism of classic Heroes 2)
--
English-speaking board (optional)
--

or something like that. I still don't know what to do with French, because all modding info is in English and there is no one able to translate/maintain the modding newsfeeds in French. Also, it'd be not so convenient to promote a Francophone forum on English-speaking resources. That's a dilemma.

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-16, 04:50

I guess you have the forum in English, and then I am curious about what remains in French ? (I know only 2 things ; the buttons "Nouveau" and "Répondre").

I can translate your moddings informations in French. ^^

hmmm the "Taverne (bla bla bla)" will become french Tavern, and we will make English tavern and Russian Tavern.

And by the way, I didn't intend to keep this forum as a francophone forum ... But more a "Heroes 2 forum" where whoever come and can request a subforum or taking admin rights or so. Smile

ps : Yeah... the name of the forum have "francophone"... as soon as I find where it's written I will delete it. Smile
by the way, I gave you Admin rights. Smile

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-16, 05:37

I don't think Russian is needed, because we already have several major communities in Russia and there is no point in promoting this board there. English and French could go fine.

Still thinking about the modding board. I like the idea of flags very much, I noticed it in your guestbook already. What if we put both heroes with English and French flags to the modding board? It might be hard for you to translate every post there though Smile We have H3SW, Project Ironfist, your Archangel patch, plus a selection of Heroes 2 tools made by Russian dudes. A New year mod is also in progress, we (russian Handbookhmm.ru community) plan to arrange a tournament based on it, probably.

By the way, it seems that we have lost the map size distribution. Is it possible to create a subforum inside a subforum on this forum engine? The map list is too long without sorting the maps by size. Also, there should be some space for mapmaking discussions, probably.

By the way, I can draw icons for the forum, like PM, e-mail, Facebook and Twitter to make the forum look awesome.

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-16, 05:48

I understand that russian isn't needed because of many communities... But with a forum in russian it seems more "open mind", no ? :p

Hmmm I will continue to changes things in some hours ... I need to log in the "Admin" account to change the name of the whole forum. Very Happy

I can translate time to time. I am fluent enough in English to almost never use dictionaries. Smile

sometimes I think I should have delete this forum (cause few people posted in 5 years) and try to join any "good looking and active" Heroes 2 forum ... :p

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-16, 05:53

No, there are no good looking Heroes 2 forums, and this is why I am here. I always dreamt of a forum with Heroes 2 style buttons, smiles and such. Even our handbookhmm.ru community is built with an ordinary design and it is more Heroes 1-oriented. But many valuable info is stored there.

An idea of having English and French combined forum is fine, I would also like to have a Polish board because all their H2 forums are dead by now but they have a lot of H2 fans. I of course can maintain the Russian forum too, we will see how things will go. The mod info should be in English I think, and French if you care to translate many posts.

I still believe it's possible to make this forum live, depends on the promotional efforts and modding links.

For now, I would insist you to create a topic for the Archangel patch with the changelog in the modding forum. Smile

Prince_Of_Thieves
Skeleton
Skeleton

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-17, 10:41

I suppose, english language will be better for all of us.
I also know German and LITTLE BIT French: "Je'm apelle Prince Of Thieves, J'habit St.Petersburg. Je aime la HOMM serie"....
So I think, there is a lot of homm2 fans from West Europa (Poland, Romania and so on). They all better speak English.

And that will be great pleasure to find international fans and meet them here.
Back to top Go down
Archibald
Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Quality Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-17, 11:40

Hi!  I`m a beginning HoMM & MM fan-artist from StPetersburg, Russia, as well as Prince_Of_Thieves. Et moi aussi comprends et parle Francais en peu... But English seems better. I like the HoMM2`s spirit of this forum. It`s Great! So, I`m very glad to have chance to communicate with other fans from different countries.
Back to top Go down
http://ironfi5t.deviantart.com
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-18, 02:34

Nice to see you all here buddies. We will make everything to make this place attractive enough for people who still love the game.

Prince_Of_Thieves
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-18, 04:22

Orzie wrote:
Nice to see you all here buddies
No problems, sir Orzie. Friendship - is might and magic Wink

I offer you to start topic about HOMM2 art (and Might and Magic VI, certainly).
And develop new interesting topics - so new members can see, that we have cosy nook here =)
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-18, 04:26

There was a topic for H2 fan art in the French tavern, but I think I have to create another place, like Heroes 2 General Forum or something like that to store fan art there.

Prince_Of_Thieves
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-18, 04:48

Orzie wrote:
There was a topic for H2 fan art in the French tavern, but I think I have to create another place, like Heroes 2 General Forum or something like that to store fan art there.
Not only fan art.
I think it will be interesting to discus some homm2 plot's features. For example, your conception of gipsy castle for Succession War Mod. And the role of Prince of Thieves, Abdul and Silvertongue characters.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-18, 05:04

Well yeah, it should be a bit another topic, called something like "Creativity thread: your own continuation of the Enrothian storyline!"

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2014-12-18, 10:45

Orzie wrote:
No, there are no good looking Heroes 2 forums, and this is why I am here. I always dreamt of a forum with Heroes 2 style buttons, smiles and such. Even our handbookhmm.ru community is built with an ordinary design and it is more Heroes 1-oriented. But many valuable info is stored there.

An idea of having English and French combined forum is fine, I would also like to have a Polish board because all their H2 forums are dead by now but they have a lot of H2 fans. I of course can maintain the Russian forum too, we will see how things will go. The mod info should be in English I think, and French if you care to translate many posts.

I still believe it's possible to make this forum live, depends on the promotional efforts and modding links.

For now, I would insist you to create a topic for the Archangel patch with the changelog in the modding forum. Smile
/taverns/ Yes, no problem with polish tavern ! Smile

/design/ Yes, and I will try to improve the graphics of the forum to look-likes more H2, I wanted to do much more, but it would have take me a lot of hours, so I may do the tries on another forum, and when things are working well, putting the "theme" on this forum. Smile

/smilies/ Yes, I would like to put "H2 style" smileys !... And I will ! (and I must make some, cause in H2 there isn't that much faces fitting 12px. Smile (and if anybody have some already, post the images !! Smile)

/mod/ Hmmm Maybe I would translate in French only on demand Smile or if sometimes I enjoy to demand myself... Very Happy

/patch/ Yeah, I will soon, after I read all the forum. Smile

yay !! a topic with H2 fan art ! (but after 15 years, we are more than fans)

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-16, 03:04

If I may, I would offer a bit of a hand in the graphical department. I've practiced various kinds of art and I'm interested in giving pixels a try. In the past, I've toyed around with backgrounds and buttons, and setting them up using HTML (Something I have only a basic knowledge of),

If you'd like, I'd gladly help with the site appeal. I would have to do any kind of work such as that in between my own job, though. I'm not sure if you'd like any of this done immediately.....
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-16, 05:22

A fellow Enrothian capable of drawing is always welcome! Rock!
By the way, a work in this direction can be motivating for me and maybe some other people out there Idea!

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-16, 06:30

Hello Aetherrevival Smile

Right now, I have a quest for you! Laughing
Can you draw "Forums of Enroth" in a "Heroes of M&M II logo style" ? and if you want adding some design. Wink

Because the actual one isn't really good I think:

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-17, 11:25

Hah. Alright, that sounds good! I'll see what I can do!

When I finish my design, I'll post it here for your viewing. It is my hope that I shall not fail you in this most daring quest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-25, 12:47

As requested, the 'Forums of Enroth' banners are officially complete.

Here is the text of the banner (size 800x200):

Here is the banner with a background to match (size 800x200):

And, here is the same design in it's original size(1000x200):

I've based the general design on the front cover of the Heroes of Might and Magic II's box art:

They're not exactly the same, as it can be very difficult to hand-copy something exactly, but it's my hope that you will find them to be close enough in appearance to be used as official banners for this forum.

Please, let me know what you think of them.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-25, 17:26

Nice start! I would only wish to have the letter edges more smooth, and probably, add a few Heroes 2 creatures in motion, like the Dragon and the Crusader.

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-26, 01:23

Nicely done! Smile

I'm thinking something...
Because you made it by hand it make this "hand made" style... So, I was thinking about colouring the letters in "forging steel style" ... Like a black-smith using hammer to give the steel the sword shape ; you used hammer to give the stell Forums of Enroth shape. Smile
mahh... that's just an idea... but the steel can be still "red-orange-yellow" from the fire.. Smile

Kind of, the one you used for the background, may you put it in the letters? Very Happy
(even is yeah, I agree the name should be in yellow.. I think we must try that.)

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   2015-07-28, 05:45

I can place the background texture on the letters easily, and having a background implying that the words are being forged by smith and hammer is fine.

I'm not really much of an animator, though, and I'm not really certain how having animated creatures on the banner would look.

I do, however, like the idea of a dragon and a crusader on the background, and it did give me an idea of a more darkly lighted background with a crusader on one side of the banner and a dragon on the other. A kind of dramatic idea, but it will stray a bit from the presentation of the pixel style of Heroes of Might and Magic II.

I will probably make the text smoother. It'll make it easier to look at.

Hmmm..... I think I'm going to try playing around with the blacksmith idea. I might borrow a bit of the style from the game's tavern screen.

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English speaking, Heroes of the world !   

Back to top Go down

English speaking, Heroes of the world !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next