~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Redbar110%H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Redbar11100%H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Redbar110%H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports

Go down 
+9
Ergon
dodge
kiszak
robizeratul
Deltowskyy
Yonderbrack
halapli
Malins2000
Orzie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-01, 23:25

IMPORTANT!

Before you post a bug, check if you installed the mod correctly. Also, don't post the bugs already solved or mentioned as fixed in the future hotfix.

Installation:

Installation:
Unpack the self-extracting archive to a directory with clean Heroes 3: Shadow of Death or Heroes Complete (No WoG, ERA, HotA, HD Mod installed in that folder!).

Attention! If you cannot launch h3sw.exe for some reason on your computer (like getting the WINGRAPH.CPP error), you will also have to use Heroes 3 HD Mod (not Heroes 3 HD Edition).
Download HD Mod at:
https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/rus/description

Installation order:
1. Game
2. H3SW v0.8.0
3. HD Mod
4. Write line
< Fix.Cosmetic >=0 (without spacebars)
in the HD Mod launcher, search for Tweaks tab.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS

Last edited by Orzie on 2019-02-08, 03:49; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Malins2000
Peasant
Peasant
Malins2000

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2019-01-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-01, 23:49

Few bugs found:
1. When I had city with buildings able to build I could build them all during one day, and my money was reseted to 30k gold, 30 wood/ore and 15 other resources. All I had to do is leave city screen, where I builded a new structure (mage gulid or something)

2. Deamon cave had guards of 5 stacks of peasants with 0 units per stack
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports 1_deam10

3. Halfling dweling asked me, if I want them to join me. after selecting "Okay" this screen appear. I couldn't recruit them
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports 2_half10

4. building tiles and background mismatch
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports 3_cast10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-01, 23:55

Quote :
1. When I had city with buildings able to build I could build them all during one day, and my money was reseted to 30k gold, 30 wood/ore and 15 other resources. All I had to do is leave city screen, where I builded a new structure (mage gulid or something)
Re-download the mod (preferably from Mod Database or Dropbox), then re-install the game and the mod over it. The bug should be gone.

Quote :
2. Deamon cave had guards of 5 stacks of peasants with 0 units per stack
Broken creature bank. You can fix it manually by opening the map in the map editor (h3swmaped.exe), delete this bank and place again, then save map.

Quote :
3. Halfling dweling asked me, if I want them to join me. after selecting "Okay" this screen appear. I couldn't recruit them
This is interesting. Please tell me the map you play, and like in previous case, try to delete the object and place it again on the map.

Quote :
4. building tiles and background mismatch
Will be fixed sometime in future when we provide more compatibility with HD Mod.

Peasant
Peasant
Malins2000

Registration Date : 2019-01-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 00:31

Orzie wrote:

Quote :
This is interesting. Please tell me the map you play, and like in previous case, try to delete the object and place it again on the map.
Its a Good vs. Evil map.

I'll try to re-place objects later during the day.

maybe save file sharing would be helpful as well?
Back to top Go down
halapli
Skeleton
Skeleton
halapli

Registration Date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 00:50

Not sure what might be causing this but high amounts of Veteran Pikemen are appearing out of nowhere in enemy armies. When this hero captured my castle there were no Pikemen in his army. Also saw a scout hero with around 160 of them, without any other creature on him.
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports H3sw_211

Also a small typo Archery Range has two Rs.
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports H3sw_210
Back to top Go down
Yonderbrack
Pikeman
Pikeman
Yonderbrack

Quality Points : 11
Registration Date : 2019-01-02

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 01:11

Orzie wrote:
Quote :
Re-download the mod (preferably from Mod Database or Dropbox), then re-install the game and the mod over it. The bug should be gone.

I reinstalled the game and mod to the ground and the issue is still there. Two of my friends are also observing it. Downloaded it from Dropbox.

Back to top Go down
Deltowskyy
Skeleton
Skeleton
Deltowskyy

Registration Date : 2015-08-02

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 01:26

Things I've noticed:

1. There's absolutely no way to build Fortifications in Knight's town.  

2. Mines don't make any sound when flagged.

Edit:
halapli wrote:
Not sure what might be causing this but high amounts of Veteran Pikemen are appearing out of nowhere in enemy armies. When this hero captured my castle there were no Pikemen in his army. Also saw a scout hero with around 160 of them, without any other creature on him.

Had the same issue with around 250 crossbowmen that spawned in enemy's army and caught me off guard. There's no way he could get them normal way as there were no knight towns in his possesion.

Edit2:
3. Game crashes every time I click on sprite deweling in Sorceress town but ONLY AFTER Crystal Garden has been built. (Actually you don't even have to click on it. It also crashes when you just move your cursor on it...)
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 02:17

Found a bug with combination artifacts.

When I have the: scroll of knowledge, war hammer, caster's blacelet of magic, defender helm of protection I get: you have all the componets to assemble -1. If I click OK the items dissapear...Maybe this is true for other combinations will check it out more
Back to top Go down
kiszak
Peasant
Peasant
kiszak

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 03:14

Somehow by starting gaming with random castle/hero I found these:
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Pobran10
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Pobran11
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Pobran12
Back to top Go down
Yonderbrack
Pikeman
Pikeman
Yonderbrack

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 05:06

T5 Mage Guild does not unlock T5 spells in Knight Castle.
T4 and T5 Mage Guild does not unlock T4 and T5 spells in Barbarian and Witch Castles.
Back to top Go down
dodge
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
dodge

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2015-07-26

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 05:23

Yonderbrack wrote:
Orzie wrote:
Quote :

I reinstalled the game and mod to the ground and the issue is still there. Two of my friends are also observing it. Downloaded it from Dropbox.

I've got that issue when used google drive version, however I found a workaround.
For some reasons, installation files from various mirrors (google drive / dropbox) were different.

So I've installed dropbox version OVER the google drive one (without uninstalling anything), then I had to reinstall HD mod. After that I do not encounter that issue anymore.

Back to top Go down
Yonderbrack
Pikeman
Pikeman
Yonderbrack

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 05:55

Thank you @dodge, it worked that way lol.
Back to top Go down
Ergon
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Ergon

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 06:16

Could someone make "step by step" installation guide? I can't run the game, I guess i'm doing something wrong.

//Ragoon
Hello! I'm posting a guide from facebook if anybody missed it:

Orzie wrote:
Installation:
Unpack the self-extracting archive to a directory with clean Heroes 3: Shadow of Death or Heroes Complete (No WoG or ERA can be installed in that folder!).

Attention! If you cannot launch h3sw.exe for some reason on your computer (like getting the WINGRAPH.CPP error), you will also have to use Heroes 3 HD Mod (not Heroes 3 HD Edition). Don't forget to write this line in the HD Mod Launcher:
< Fix.Cosmetic > = 0. (without spaces /Ragoon)
Download HD Mod at:
https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/rus/description

Also, there seem to be a bug (inifinite building for testing purposes) in one of the mirrors, we're working on it. Thanks!

Edit: Still can't run h3sw. I'm getting "assert violation in file" error. Original HoMM works fine.

Last edited by Ergon on 2019-01-02, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yonderbrack
Pikeman
Pikeman
Yonderbrack

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 06:17

Scenario: Dungeon Below

There is a Dragon Tower with the upgrade already build in the Warlock castle at the beginning of the game but Player cannot access this building. In the Town Hall the building is not marked as build.

robizeratul wrote:

When I have the: scroll of knowledge, war hammer, caster's blacelet of magic, defender helm of protection I get: you have all the componets to assemble -1. If I click OK the items dissapear...Maybe this is true for other combinations will check it out more

This -1 item also can be found in the Last Hope scenario. It is the first item behind the very first guard just south from the Knight's castle. But it does not disappear. Just hangs in the bottom inventory bar.

Last edited by Yonderbrack on 2019-01-02, 07:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yonderbrack
Pikeman
Pikeman
Yonderbrack

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 06:21

Ergon wrote:
Could someone make "step by step" installation guide? I can't run the game, I guess i'm doing something wrong.

1. Install HOMM 3 Complete Collection
2. Download the mod from either moddb or dropbox (googledrive one seems to be broken).
3. Paste the installer into game folder.
4. Install the mod using the installer.
5. Install HD mod.
6. Launch the game using HD mod.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 09:40

Malins2000 wrote:

Its a Good vs. Evil map.

I'll try to re-place objects later during the day.

maybe save file sharing would be helpful as well?
No, in this case not. It's a map error, 99% probability.

halapli wrote:
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports H3sw_211
Yes, some people reported Knight creatures spawning from nowhere both in singleplayer and multiplayer. We are looking into it.
Please specify if that bug occurs on Heroes 3 map conversions (Sandro's head for format icon), or all maps.

Yonderbrack wrote:
Orzie wrote:
Quote :

Try another mirror, something might be related to the browser cache, I think. The installer is the same in all 3 mirrors.

Deltowskyy wrote:
Things I've noticed:

1. There's absolutely no way to build Fortifications in Knight's town.  

These are features. We should implement Fortifications later (same as Dervish's Mirage building). Mines did not make a sound in Heroes 2, but we might look for something in Heroes 1-2 sound files.

Deltowskyy wrote:
3. Game crashes every time I click on sprite deweling in Sorceress town but ONLY AFTER Crystal Garden has been built. (Actually you don't even have to click on it. It also crashes when you just move your cursor on it...)
Understood, we will investigate.

Yonderbrack wrote:
T5 Mage Guild does not unlock T5 spells in Knight Castle.
T4 and T5 Mage Guild does not unlock T4 and T5 spells in Barbarian and Witch Castles.
Confirmed, will be fixed in the next update.

dodge wrote:
I've got that issue when used google drive version, however I found a workaround.
For some reasons, installation files from various mirrors (google drive / dropbox) were different.

So I've installed dropbox version OVER the google drive one (without uninstalling anything), then I had to reinstall HD mod. After that I do not encounter that issue anymore.
Google Drive was the slowest mirror to synchronize, so you might have had caught an older installer file when you downloaded it.
Right now all 3 mirrors should be identical, but the name file on ModDB differs (H3SW v0.8.0 Installer.2). This has no effect on the file contents.

Yonderbrack wrote:
Scenario: Dungeon Below

There is a Dragon Tower with the upgrade already build in the Warlock castle at the beginning of the game but Player cannot access this building. In the Town Hall the building is not marked as build.
You will have to re-install the game+mod+HD chain from scratch. This bug is fixed alongside with unlimited money now.

robizeratul wrote:

Yes, some of the combo artifacts still try to be combined for some reason. We should get rid of this in the next update.

robizeratul wrote:
This -1 item also can be found in the Last Hope scenario. It is the first item behind the very first guard just south from the Knight's castle. But it does not disappear. Just hangs in the bottom inventory bar.
This is a map-specific bug. Will be fixed. Once it was an active artifact, but then during the development process some artifact IDs were shifted.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 10:20

Quote :
Try another mirror, something might be related to the browser cache, I think. The installer is the same in all 3 mirrors.

ALSO: DO NOT CHECK THE MONEY BUG ON OLD SAVEGAMES! The issue is there, because the script is remembered by the game no matter how you change it. Clean installation of the game, mod and HD mod is required.

Skeleton
Skeleton
Deltowskyy

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 10:30

Orzie wrote:
Yes, some people reported Knight creatures spawning from nowhere both in singleplayer and multiplayer.
Please specify if that bug occurs on Heroes 3 map conversions (Sandro's head for format icon), or all maps.

Had it on Heroes I campagin map "The Archipelago" so it seems to be global.

Deltowskyy wrote:
Orzie wrote:
Mines did not make a sound in Heroes 2, but we might look for something in Heroes 1-2 sound files.

I had to check because I didn't believe you! My memory failed me, you're obviously right. For some reason I find it a little annyoing. Personally, I'd rather there were sounds. It gives you feeling of accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 10:37

We need to try to figure out when the Knight troops appear. One user reported them appearing after a computer hero captures the neutral Warlock castle.

Peasant
Peasant
Jdoe

Registration Date : 2018-12-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 11:00

When I play as Knight and build Capitol I get H3 version. Then next day I can't select Capitol and I can't create any buildings.
Map: Broken Alliance
H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports 39y6Aov
Back to top Go down
Deltowskyy
Skeleton
Skeleton
Deltowskyy

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 11:12

Jdoe wrote:
When I play as Knight and build Capitol I get H3 version. Then next day I can't select Capitol and I can't create any buildings.

Add line "< Fix.Cosmetic > = 0" (without spaces between text and < >) to your H3HD launcher tweaks. should fix the issue.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 11:52

bug1: the black horseshoe lowers luck by 2 if I put it in my inventory, and 0 if I put it in the backpack. If I keep putin this and anything else, the luck keeps going 0 and -2 even if the horshe isn't equiped

Bug2: does the combination artifact bug affect everything? I can't make battleplate of anduan.

Should this item always be active, even in the backpack?
Back to top Go down
Jdoe
Peasant
Peasant
Jdoe

Registration Date : 2018-12-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 12:07

Deltowskyy wrote:
Add line "< Fix.Cosmetic > = 0" (without spaces between text and < >) to your H3HD launcher tweaks. should fix the issue.
Yeah that worked. Thanks!

//Ragoon
Please read the instructions for installing the mod before posting bugs. Thanks!
I will add an instalation guide by Orzie to the first post of this thread.

Another bug when I move mouse all unit animations freeze in Fort/Citadel/Castle menu. Don't know if this is intended.

EDIT: Also one person mentioned CPU getting a lot of Pikeman in their Castle. In my case on Broken Alliance map CPU recruits Crossbowman out of nowhere.

Last edited by Jdoe on 2019-01-02, 13:05; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghoul
Skeleton
Skeleton
Ghoul

Quality Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 12:26

H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Captur10
Thane starts with two balistas,

Bit of a nitpick but the name of Cross Bowmen could either be Crossbowmen or Arbalist (potentially Arbalest but that's not the weapon they're using I believe)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbalist_(crossbowman)

Note: Sorry if anything I post has been covered, I'll resweep the thread every now and then.
Thank you for allowing me to experience the beta, having a blast!

Last edited by Ghoul on 2019-01-02, 22:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graion Dilach
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Graion Dilach

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-07-27

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime2019-01-02, 14:09

The name of Dervish buildings on the individual building screen (with the gold font) are prefixed with dots.

Air Elementals use H3 movesounds.

Acolyte mini-icon (used for stats screen) looks to be an old version with red pants.

Sir Gallant is available in Tavern and uses Orrin's face.

Great release btw. Best way to start 2019, all my congratz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports   H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW v0.8.0 Bug Reports
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next