AuthorMessage
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

Quality Points : 182
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Lands of Enroth 2018   2018-01-03, 20:58

Hey Smile
I was planning on making my own forum in php on Lands of Enroth but it's something very long and i can't really plan to spend Zounds of hours on that, so I think I will pick a "free" forum and adapt it.
I was thinking of taking phpbb forum but maybe you think another forum would be nicer?
I am talking about downloading a "free to use" forum to put in Lands of Enroth and adapt it to the site, because the objective is that people can link easily players/games/creatures/spells/maps in their posts. Smile
And also, needing only 1 registration on lands of enroth for the forum, shoutbox, uploading/rating maps (my dream :p), and so on.
So it's about all the features you need on the forum, the only 1 i remember well is that Orzie wanted the feature telling us "who liked this post". Wink

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 743
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Lands of Enroth 2018   2018-01-03, 21:06

The other features which for example Forums of Enroth lack are:

- ability to have direct link to a specific post;
- ability to split and merge topic easily;
- ability to have a chat which doesn't logoff users automatically, so it just shows who's online;
- ability to see who liked/disliked the post (perhaps dislikes are not required), and ability to change decision;
- a more convenient Latest Topics window where you could see not only the latest 10 topics, but also have a list of all new replies if required;
- anything I forgot.

I don't know which forum engine is better honestly because I didn't have any experience. I generally like the one which is used on http://forum.df2.ru/, but this one http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php also feels okay.

P.S. If you really want to take your time and start a new forum, considering you might want us to travel there as well (or did I understand everything correctly?), a feature of post transfer also should be used, if possible. I also don't know what the Ironfist team would think about the idea since they have already moved their forum once - to this location.

Webmaster

Quality Points : 182
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Lands of Enroth 2018   2018-01-03, 21:29

Thank you for your veryfast reply! Smile
DF2.ru seems to use nulled.cc/, all in russian (we would need multilanguage support..)
rpgcodex.net use "XenForo" which cost money. Very Happy
But so it gives me a good idea of what you would expect Razz

Orzie wrote:
P.S. If you really want to take your time and start a new forum, considering you might want us to travel there as well (or did I understand everything correctly?), a feature of post transfer also should be used, if possible. I also don't know what the Ironfist team would think about the idea since they have already moved their forum once - to this location.
Yeah i understand, and i have no real opinion right now; it will depends on my results on this task:
if i success to make something awesome maybe everybody would agree to move,
if i don't success enough, we should be able to use Lands of Enroth for uploading/rating maps, even without forum. (i think it's the most important thing we lack, a proper H2 maps system xD)

I will work more on the maps system when I will have real maps to upload/download and check how H3SW will display the map selection ingame ^^
Sadly ironfist is still bugged on my computer, so i wasn't able to make the map system for it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lands of Enroth 2018   

Back to top Go down

Lands of Enroth 2018
Page 1 of 1