~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Redbar110%H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Redbar11100%H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Redbar110%H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW: Character Portraits

Go down 
+3
Ragoon
Uhm
Orzie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-17, 03:48

Small improvements to the Gallavant. Only one pixel shorter forehead Razz

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Bez_tytu_u44

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

Quality Points : 27
Registration Date : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-19, 08:46

We in fact already took all we could from Xeen.

Hmm, I disagree a bit. To me the World of Xeen is like a gift that just keeps on giving Very Happy

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Horny10
I mean this purple guy with the horns, brilliant!
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Horny310
With a palette swap he could be an Ogre hero?
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Horny210
Or maybe use him for the Heretic faction at some point?

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Priest10
Then there's the girl from the Temple.

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Brainy10
And finally this freaky looking lady with some serious brainpower.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Brainy11
Necromancer faction?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-19, 15:30

AkuAkuIslands wrote:
Hmm, I disagree a bit. To me the World of Xeen is like a gift that just keeps on giving Very Happy

I completely approve this idea, thank you for this. I'm more for the Ogre hero, because we currently have problems with the Barbarian roster. I even started fixing him personally so he could fit more Smile He also looks good as a draft for a Heretic hero, but Heretic is not a matter of the next coming versions while we still have a lot of problems with the existing factions. Also, the concept of the Heretic is not developed, but I anyway think in the direction of avoiding pure red gamma for it, Heroes 2 faction gamma is usually diverse.

Concerning the Necromancer girl, I'm also for including her after appropriate adjustments.

Concerning the girl in the middle - she must become someone from the Dervish roster, for we have the biggest trouble with this faction.

Could you also look for such large-scaled characters in Might&Magic 3? I don't have it anywhere and its resources cannot be extracted without pain.

Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 00:35

Yay! Glad to hear. They still need a bit of work, since I did the palette swaps mainly to throw around some ideas. I also wanted to add a few details to the ogre (mainly the helmet), but if you want to work on him further, that's fine with me. I should probably also scale down the necromancer lady or mainly her hair, so that you can see some background. Or what do you think? She could also do with a bit of detail work. I actually prefer her as the blue-skinned version, because the bulging brain is just so over the top and classic Xeen style.

On the topic of Might and Magic 3 graphics, I found these walkthroughs. They seem to have pretty good shots of the game, though I don't know if you could find better quality images somewhere. However for reference, I think they work fine.
https://lparchive.org/Might-Magic-III-Isles-of-Terra/

There was also one for World of Xeen: https://lparchive.org/Might-Magic-World-of-Xeen/
Do you think Kalindra (Necromancer), Ellinger (Warlock, Wizard?) or the Sphinx could be used for portraits? The Sphinx is looking quite upright, but at least the headdress could be used for reference for a hero from the dervish faction.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Vampir10
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Elling10
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Sphinx10

One more thing. What would you guys think about making changing the hero classes to genders? I've always had a problem with a female wizard sporting a beard when she's in combat mode. Warlocks seem to be all men and there are no males (sorcerers) in the sorceress faction, but barbarians have the same problem too. In HOMM3 they had classes per faction right? So Knights and Clerics for Castle etc. Would it be possible to have a male class for male heroes and vice versa for female heroes? And no, I don't mean to limit the women to spellcasters and the men to fighters, that's just stupid. But is there some way in the game mechanic to accomodate for this? Or mod it, so you could choose a gender? Of course, this could be just food for thought after the beta, since I know there's already more than enough to finish before it.
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Hbatt10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:09

Quote :
Yay! Glad to hear. They still need a bit of work, since I did the palette swaps mainly to throw around some ideas. I also wanted to add a few details to the ogre (mainly the helmet), but if you want to work on him further, that's fine with me. I should probably also scale down the necromancer lady or mainly her hair, so that you can see some background. Or what do you think? She could also do with a bit of detail work. I actually prefer her as the blue-skinned version, because the bulging brain is just so over the top and classic Xeen style.

I already started the work, but still the downscaling and the forthcoming work require a lot of efforts.
Yes, I'm also for the blue variant actually, but purple hair may be also coming in handy.

WORK IN PROGRESS, A LOT MORE TO DO

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 X9xRdeL

Quote :
Do you think Kalindra (Necromancer), Ellinger (Warlock, Wizard?) or the Sphinx could be used for portraits? The Sphinx is looking quite upright, but at least the headdress could be used for reference for a hero from the dervish faction.
"Kalindra" could work, but we require an in-game screenshot in original quality.

Quote :
One more thing. What would you guys think about making changing the hero classes to genders?
It is already possible to make individual hero sprites for each hero, both on the battlefield and on the adventure map. In future I planned to make unique sprites for Roland and Archibald, but the best option is to have unique hero sprites for each hero eventually. This will take a lot of time, though.

For now, no changes in specific, and genders don't work currently.

Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:32

[quote="Orzie"]
Quote :

It is already possible to make individual hero sprites for each hero, both on the battlefield and on the adventure map.

Really? That's awesome. Solves the whole problem! But yeah, like I said not the most pressing issue at hand. I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:38

I will see what I can do with this new portraits. Very good idea indeed Smile

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:40

Uhm wrote:
I will see what I can do with this new portraits. Very good idea indeed Smile

Feel free to work with the blue-skinned lady, we can surely make her a part of a faction roster. Concerning the images above from MM3 - we need to find a better quality first, preferably from people who have this game installed and have savegames. There is no resource extractor from MM3 which is pity.

Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 02:00

[quote="Orzie"]
Quote :
"Kalindra" could work, but we require an in-game screenshot in original quality.

Yeah. I would just use her for reference and draw her up myself. That picture is way too blurry.
Back to top Go down
Orothin
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Orothin

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Blue Lady   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 01:56

For the blue lady you can use this one I tried to do a while ago:
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 1702201925090109

She still needs many adjustments, she looks too blurry in the game, but maybe it's a good starting point. I don't think project Ironfist is gonna use it.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 02:02

Orothin wrote:
For the blue lady you can use this one I tried to do a while ago:
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 1702201925090109

She still needs many adjustments, she looks too blurry in the game, but maybe it's a good starting point. I don't think project Ironfist is gonna use it.

Why so? Looks more or less acceptable for the style of their graphic developments. Did they reject this concept?

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Orothin

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 02:09

I'm not working for the project Ironfist for a good while now, and they went in a completely different direction since then. Also this portrait I created for myself and just showed them.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-03-03, 04:34

I've added actual portraits in a first post.

Back to top Go down
BoseDrache
Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

Quality Points : 49
Registration Date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 04:22

What about this guy formerly proposed for Dervish?
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Greatershaman8
Low-qual or just forgotten?

...and once I was working on Martina's portrait, I said that it needs a background like a Rogues' camp or a Temple. Just couldn't find it myself.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 06:05

I think he has good chances to fit after some input. I just cannot find time to deal with the portraits finally. It's bad that we sometimes don't coordinate efforts (hence Uhm's updates made separately from mine), but the international development and lack of free time (with my technical inability to track Dropbox updates quickly enough) takes its toll.

Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-06-16, 09:04

What if?..
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 0068_sc2
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Drakonia
addition:
What is his hat/helm fur colour?
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 H2_h17
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-07-01, 03:16

I like the face pretty much, it lacks "classic" PoL purple shadow tones which are absolutely different from classic H2 portrait shadows. However, I have some doubts about the hair.

The fur color is undefined. Such rainbow-like texture is likely a result of Color Depth operation. I think we can use dark yellow or whatever.

Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-07-11, 20:11

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Jarkonas
*different eyes, I know. Don't want to reinterpret the original ones.
Looks like some parts are too dark. Again.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-07-13, 02:10

Very nice result indeed. Yes, the face is changed slightly, but now it fits much more near our already existing PoL portraits.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-11-19, 07:19

Gentlemen, we are in a dire need of a few operative fixes.

Sir Albe and I have made first steps towards updating the in-game appearance of the heroes, i.e. correlate the names and portraits in a proper way. Of course, things may (and most probably will) change during December, but for now the approximate faction character sets are decided.

Currently, we have a few characters which don't have alternative variants for the beta, and at the same time are not qualified to be put in the game yet. These guys need some help badly, and the mod will benefit greatly if some of us put their skills there.

Characters in need of a background:
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Xu3YNbr Moham the Barbarian
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 EZYND8E Alice the Witch

Characters in need of some more treatment:
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 XOMvjAa Garik the Warlock
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 NhPnnwF Wenin the Witch
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Greatershaman8 new Dervish to replace the ugliest Dervish (see below) Smile

The current questionable Dervishes (if one is finished, the other is scrapped or left optional/campaign)
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 27865832c2e2 Ethania
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 1bb094e99770 Tumur (might as well be exchanged with a Barbarian hero because he feels like one)

Of course, only a very few of new H3SW portraits can be considered 100% fitting to the game, but we don't have much time for perfectionism and will probably make further steps towards making them fit later in future.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-11-19, 09:43

I'll take them to my workshop the day after tomorrow Smile

BoseDrache
Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-11-20, 00:04

Orzie wrote:
H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Greatershaman8 new Dervish to replace the ugliest Dervish (see below) Smile
"Erdem", if it's possible.
a) means "knowledge" both in Buryat and Turkish.
b) play on words, German "Erde"="Earth"
Back to top Go down
BoseDrache
Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-12-01, 20:53

What's the current situation with improperly shrinked original portraits? (warlocks, barbarians...)
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-12-03, 07:38

Same as before: Warlocks need some love, Wizards (except Wilfrey) can have it too, and the rest of the Barbarians which were not touched by you yet. See top post, second spoiler.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-12-28, 07:47

Fixed 4 of the portraits, will try to fix as many of them as possible Smile

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 RPqc7mq

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 4SsFlG0

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 RhKxMtw

H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 GncZYTE

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Character Portraits   H3SW: Character Portraits - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW: Character Portraits
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next