~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Redbar110%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Redbar11100%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Redbar110%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+23
robizeratul
Tibor0803
szaman
xxswwxx
AkuAkuIslands
Aescule
Uhm
Sir Albe
Orzie
Ragoon
buffkaz
Baronus
Abekat
Saki
feanor
djenic
GodRage
NikitaTheTanner
Radagast82
dude
BoseDrache
Kivo
Orothin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 10:12

Wow, what a dick Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 1953659384

Okay, back to the topic - I've got another suggestion from our old folk Kivo:
Kivo wrote:
Btw as everyone is talking about the Toad as I was thinking that instead of having it "biting" as Orzie suggested, what about having it spit some green venom? I don't mean it to be a shooter, it could still be a melee unit with a spit animation at the creature next to it. Just a thought. It might look silly having it biting.
Maybe even cerberus like skill? Like it could attack every unit in front. It would make the toad unique imo. What do you think?

Make the toad great again!

Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 11:17

The toad seems like it would be a good candidate for some kind of ranged attack using the tongue. Not as far as a regular archer, but could still attack from two to three squares away. Kind of a compromise.

I think the Mantis looks amazing with the wings, although I can see why it might be a bit much to have so many flying units in a lineup. If it stayed that way, something would have to be nerfed to make up for their maneuverability, and it seems that if the creatures were just one sided in that way, then they would become easy to exploit. But as far as looks go? It looks great.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 19:07

If we are to put spitting attack to the Toad, there may be too many questions why it uses it only in melee, and why archers can't shoot the creatures blocking them. Such ambiguity is not likely to be preserved for the mod.

I'm for the biting attack or leaving the current licking attack (which still requires fixes though). It's not a problem if a toad bites after all, there are a lot of examples.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 270528398_813765ffab
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 030%20Mouth%20of%20a%20frog

Concerning the movement, after some thoughts I think it's generally possible to implement a groundwalking animation. Preferably it should look more like the one presented on Uhm's example, but not with the jumping. The downside of this is the fact that the Toad's design must be probably remade a little, because currently its static form hints that it is a jumping frog with weak 'forearms' and strong 'legs'.

Making the Toad groundwalking means that the flying Mantis is 100% defined as the 'official' creature of the lineup.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-15, 05:15

Holy shit, I didn't know toads had such sharp little fangs. You sure they don't belong in the undead lineup?
Back to top Go down
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-15, 05:21

Sorry to bring bad news but toads don't have teeth.
But no biggie, the creature looks like a frog more than a toad anyway.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-15, 05:33

buffkaz wrote:
Sorry to bring bad news but toads don't have teeth.
But no biggie, the creature looks like a frog more than a toad anyway.
They have, but more rudimentary ones. Anyway, it's adjustable and we operate in a world of magic. Smile
The creature design will be adjusted accordingly, I also mentioned that currently it's rather a frog.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 06:09

Update on my work

I've started recording the process of animating lizardman and once finished I'll upload it on youtube for you and everyone else (acid cave, facebook page, df2 etc) to see Smile

First part (dividing into parts ready to animate) took me 55 mins, had some trouble with bow shape

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 06:13

If you have a work-in-progress video of it, I'd surely like to have a look. Bad thing is that you didn't even ask me before doing any kind of such content, I could at least help you with stuff or participate in the making of the video - perhaps it would be useful for the official H3SW YouTube channel then.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 06:22

I think you'll have to wait a little more friend Smile

I am planning on adding text comments (so you'll know what am I doing exacly) and notes inside of the video, making some parts play faster when they'll be not as interesting to watch etc

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 06:30

I hope you didn't forget to mention that you used an already developed draft by Agar and me which was already about 15 hours total time of drawing and adjustment then lol

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 06:54

Don't worry, I remember that and will give you proper credit Wink

Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 00:10

It is taking time, but I'll eventually finish it :p
It has start and end moving animation, because I want him to bend down like in H3 and didn't wanted him to look like a pigeon Very Happy

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Z8sIjp5

And when I'm finally inspired to do some progress I have to go to school :v Next one is shoot and death so It will be ready for v0.8 Smile
Then the same for upgrade and crossbowmen shoot anim.

Separate::

This is another step for the upcoming video

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 00:41

Looking awesome as always!

Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

Quality Points : 27
Registration Date : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 07:26

Looking good! I like that he's crouching when moving. The only thing I would criticize is the loincloth, is all of it supposed to move with the right leg? I think it would look better if it was hanging between the legs when he's moving. At the moment it kinda looks like he's really... "well endowed" Laughing Then again, could just be me and my dirty mind.

Have you thought about the idle animation? Maybe a hissing tongue?
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 08:18

AkuAkuIslands wrote:
The only thing I would criticize is the loincloth, is all of it supposed to move with the right leg?
I can fix it a little bit like a tribal, but nothing more can be done here

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 XrAK3wt

AkuAkuIslands wrote:

Have you thought about the idle animation? Maybe a hissing tongue?
Yup, it will be this with some body movement (probably tail and maybe some arms)

//EDIT
Shoot animation almost ready Smile

xxswwxx
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
xxswwxx

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2017-03-04

PostSubject: Lizardman bow   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-16, 05:10

I made an alternative bow for lizardman. It gives a more rugged feel to the troop and makes it more unique in my opinion.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Pixela11
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 08:07

xxswwxx, you need to practice, but you're very young. I can give you one advice that I've gotten from someone couple of years ago. If you're interested in drawing - and I mean professional approach - pick 2-3 of your favourite games and create more to it in this exact style. Is it drawing creatures for heroes, locations for new resident evil or weapons of dark souls, it doesn't matter. Just keep doing it and practice this style to be as close to the canonical one as possible Smile

And about the mod. I've been very inactive lately, I've started new school which is very interesting and inspires me. It's not taking much time, but I've lost inspiration. I've tried to finish that couple of animations for the beta to at least be able to see it in action, to see my work being appreciated. But there are major difficulties in my life right now, it's very hard sometimes. I wanted to share what I've been able to acomplish so you can use it.

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 ZtgKBUD
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 3SMxuIL

Separate:

Before you reply - I'm not leaving, I just wanted to tell you what's happening. I have everyting recorded (I wanted to make video on animating) and can publish just it and it's already couple of hours of footage.. It's just that I'm not happy with it being unfinished. I've also tried to draw some bigger fan-art for Succesion Wars mod:

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 ZtIchkR

But it's also unfinished. More of a sketch really xd
Also I've noticed that the development slowed down with only Agar working actively which also saddens me. I would like to see the release someday.

You dont have to worry about me if you wanted to. Sorry for not finishing my promised job to an end. Maybe I'll be more succesful in the future. But just maybe.
I'll leave my resources in dropbox folder later, so you can work on it to finish the job.

Good luck for everyone of you
and "don't you dare go hollow"

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 587650330

robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 08:19

Ragoon, I've been your fan since you first posted, so long ago Smile...first just wanted to thank you for everything you have done...

Things are slow lately, didnt see Orzie or others arround, but its no problem, I think the kind of people who work on something like this have vision and patience.

I hope you, Orzie and others don't lose hope and passion, even if things go slow. Maybe you will take a week off, maybe a month, maybe a year, just hope the project will be here when you come back Smile

Life always gets in the way... we all have to accept that Smile But the moment will come when you will miss SWmod :d
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 08:48

I can share my school project that I've been working on recently :p
It's computer network cabling. 59 rooms full of double rj45 sockets (those used for connecting to internet), each has it's number for total of 582 sockets in the building and about 30km of cabling :v

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 SVGQOVl
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 IN16h1A

In the future I'll have some lessons on graphic design too, maybe I will finally learn photoshop instead of GIMP Very Happy

robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 08:54

Damn Ragoon! You ate clever Surprised

Should make the floor plans in pixel art though Smile) would be cooler lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 09:53

The shooting animation looks nice Ragoon! Good job as usually Smile Uhm and I are still sticking around in here, but I am only fixing maps for the moment. I cannot really do much to progress the release, but I do what I can with what I have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xxswwxx
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
xxswwxx

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2017-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 12:31

Ragoon thank you for your inspiring words I am thinking of doing this at least as a hobby. (Been very interested in politics lately as well). Heroes 2 was the first computer game I ever played and when I found this mod I was super eager to participate and was encouraged by the supportive community. I was immediately impressed with your work and your dedication to the project. I hope you eventually find your passion and best of luck with your school work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-24, 15:47

No worries, my friend. Lack of inspiration is an issue everyone of us experiences from time to time. I myself went over 3 such cases, and got back to work everytime. Right now I am deadly busy, but I desperately want to continue the work, so I'll be back as soon as possible.

You are always welcome here when you feel it's time to return.

Thank you for all the work you made for the project, I can surely say that it was pretty fundamental for the upcoming version.

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-25, 04:29

With Love from Enroth. <3  ... &lt;3
(yeah sorry I can't make beautiful long text... Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 164599763 )

ps: If the building is a school, be sure that young students can't grab the cables, must hide them in the walls. Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 589285140

Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime2017-03-25, 08:47

I dont know the exact purpose of the building, I think it's some sort of campus for students, but I've planned the cabling to be universal (but probably went with too many sockets anyway XD). It was to teach me how to do it rather than doing this the best and practical as possible. And the cables in hallways would be placed under the celling anyway :p

Thanks for your words everyone and for the music Orzie Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next