~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Redbar110%Some Ironfist changes I am working on Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Redbar11100%Some Ironfist changes I am working on Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Some Ironfist changes I am working on Redbar110%Some Ironfist changes I am working on Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Some Ironfist changes I am working on

Go down 
+4
Uhm
Sir Albe
Unknown_Hero
ComputerPhreak
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ComputerPhreak
Pikeman
Pikeman
ComputerPhreak

Quality Points : 23
Registration Date : 2016-03-02

Some Ironfist changes I am working on Empty
PostSubject: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-03-28, 18:43

Here is an update on some of the changes I'm working on to Ironfist.  In the video you can see that support has been added for cd music via .mp3 (or .ogg) files in the ironfist/tracks directory.  This is the same type of setup that h2cdplay uses (the code is actually from there), but I also added the ability to switch between the SW/PoL town screen tracks.  If the audio is set to 'CD Stereo' it will use the audio that matches the midi, if it is set to 'CD Stereo With Opera' then it uses the opera tracks that are played in H2 Gold (and I guess regular PoL too).

The audio is very quiet on youtube, I don't know why the capture volume was so low, but it is only a problem with my screen recorder, the volume is fine in the actual game.

I am also working on converting things to widescreen, but that is still underway.  If anyone has knowledge of how Win32 DIBs and paletting work, I could use your help.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-03-29, 04:55

In the original Heroes 2 program (ver 1.3), when the sound is set to Midi, the music play instantly when the player switches between the castles in the town screen.

In the Gold version (ver 2.1), when the sound is also set to Midi, there is a delay of 1 to 3 seconds before the music start to play when the player switches between the castles, it's very annoying, sometimes you switch between the castles with no music at all (due to the delay).

In your video, it seems that the music play almost instantly when you switches between the castles, this is very nice. Smile
Also, the possibility to choose between the SW and PoL musics is really great, I personally prefer the SW musics, so all good. Wink

The widescreen mod is promising and not "overdone" the way you make it, continue this way.

I can only help you with some encouragement. Smile
Back to top Go down
ComputerPhreak
Pikeman
Pikeman
ComputerPhreak

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-25, 14:13

Some more cool changes, and progress to the widescreen mod:

Some Ironfist changes I am working on FNvOivt

Some Ironfist changes I am working on H4Dhbk1
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-25, 23:53

Looks promising Smile Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-26, 04:31

@ComputerPhreak

Yes, more info with right click, I like it. Smile
And this time, I can help you. Wink
I made a list for this, feel free to use it.  Very Happy

Unknown_Hero wrote:
More Info with Right click:
Back to top Go down
ComputerPhreak
Pikeman
Pikeman
ComputerPhreak

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-26, 15:04

Unknown_Hero wrote:
@ComputerPhreak

Yes, more info with right click, I like it. Smile
And this time, I can help you. Wink
I made a list for this, feel free to use it.  Very Happy

Thanks, that should be helpful. I don't know if some of those things will be technically feasible, actually I am running into issues with just the changes I have already made, but I like the ideas.

One thing that I could use help on is modifications to some of the graphics for widescreen. Right now, I have just hardcoded the 'widescreen' mode to add an additional 160 pixels to the screen (going from 640x480 to 800x480).

I'm not sure what should be drawn in the extra 160 pixels (or 80 + 80 pixels on either side).
Back to top Go down
ComputerPhreak
Pikeman
Pikeman
ComputerPhreak

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-26, 16:11

This is what I came up with for the 800x480 "good" version of the adventure board ("advbord.icn"):
Some Ironfist changes I am working on 9b0Fv7b

Of course I'm open to suggestions or different versions if anyone else wants to come up with one.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-26, 23:34

"Evil" theme:

Some Ironfist changes I am working on 2wpsbit

EDIT: Neutral? frame Smile :

Some Ironfist changes I am working on 2cetfti
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-27, 06:38

@ComputerPhreak

I'll maybe try mine for 800x480 when I will have time, but you have to be patient. Smile

@Uhm

Nice try. Smile
Back to top Go down
ComputerPhreak
Pikeman
Pikeman
ComputerPhreak

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-27, 07:50

Uhm wrote:
"Evil" theme:

EDIT: Neutral? frame Smile :

I like those Very Happy

My only concern is saving it as a .jpg, I didn't see any quality loss but I didn't look too closely.  I added both to the game (the 'neutral' theme will actually take a bit of work to properly add, I just kinda did a quick-and-dirty hack to make it work for this video):

Knight and Sorceress are good, Barb and Wizard are neutral, and Warlock and Necro are evil, correct?

Oh one other little problem I ran into:
The 'adventure map' region in the unmodified version is 15x15 'tiles' wide/tall (each tile is 32 pixels, so the region is basically 480x480). In the 800x480 version, I modified this region to be 20x15, so it will take up 640x480 pixels. Problem is, when centering the map horizontally, the width is now even, meaning there is no longer a 'middle' tile, but two middle tiles. I'm not sure what to do about this.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-04-28, 11:19

ComputerPhreak wrote:
My only concern is saving it as a .jpg, I didn't see any quality loss but I didn't look too closely.

It would be better to make the different screens to be accessible, and make they work just like the other graphic files (.bmp graphics in .icn files), so they can be easily replaced or corrected if needed.

ComputerPhreak wrote:
Knight and Sorceress are good, Barb and Wizard are neutral, and Warlock and Necro are evil, correct?

There is no "neutral" castles/heroes in Heroes 2, there is "good" and "not so good" castles/heroes.  Very Happy

Knight, Sorceress and Wizard are considered "Good", with the Good interface.
Barbarian, Necromancer and Warlock are considered "Not so Good", with the Evil interface.

ComputerPhreak wrote:
Oh one other little problem I ran into:
The 'adventure map' region in the unmodified version is 15x15 'tiles' wide/tall (each tile is 32 pixels, so the region is basically 480x480). In the 800x480 version, I modified this region to be 20x15, so it will take up 640x480 pixels. Problem is, when centering the map horizontally, the width is now even, meaning there is no longer a 'middle' tile, but two middle tiles. I'm not sure what to do about this.

Simple, just make the adventure map area 19x15 tiles (total screen 768x480 pixels, ratio 1.6), or 21x15 tiles (total screen 832x480 pixels, ratio 1.7333), or display 9 tiles and half a tile (16 pixels) each side of the hero (800x480 pixels, ratio 1.6666).  Smile

In full screen mode (stretched screen), visually, the total screen 768x480 pixels (ratio 1.6) will be more pleasant and more close to the original screen size (total screen 640x480 pixels, 4/3 ratio 1.3333), the screen will be less "distorted and elongated" horizontally.

And don't forget to remember the Dimension Door spell must be constrain in a 15x15 tiles area. Laughing
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-05-03, 12:56

Unknown_Hero wrote:
And don't forget to remember the Dimension Door spell must be constrain in a 15x15 tiles area. Laughing
In the hope someday the Magic power increase/decrease the range of Dimension Door, the shape of the DOORable area shoudln't be a square (adventure map 's view) but a circle around the hero... And then I would like to see a "half shadow" covering the area where we can DOOR in. (or coverinf the part we can't)Some Ironfist changes I am working on 2456025216
Ok ok Some Ironfist changes I am working on 1617807164 I return to dream more. Some Ironfist changes I am working on 2253588149

Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-05-06, 09:55

@GodRage

An octagon for your "shape" would be better (in a similar way the fog of war is removed by the hero viewing area). Smile

Actually, there is an "anomaly of functioning" due to the "hot spot" of the sprite cursor (the "active" pixel of the sprite cursor is located at the top left of the sprite cursor); the hero can "move" only 6 tiles to the right of the adventure screen area, and only 6 tiles to the bottom of the adventure screen area, unlike of 7 tiles to the left of the adventure screen area, and 7 tiles to the top of the adventure screen area when using the Dimension Door spell; so, the hero "moves" further when he goes to the north and to the west with the spell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-05-12, 07:06

Yeah, more or less "circle shape" is fine in my mind. Very Happy

interesting, but so isn't it a bug? Some Ironfist changes I am working on 2455847575

Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-05-12, 08:15

@GodRage

The using "behavior" of the Dimension Door spell is, perhaps, not a "bug" from a programing point of view, whatsoever (quoique), Laughing but certainly a bug from an UI point of view.
Back to top Go down
somebody
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-11-13, 11:58

Hello! It has been a long time without any news in this post and I am very interested in these changes, how is it going?
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-11-24, 08:50

The widescreen changes are currently bottlenecked by efficiency -- it's not yet fast enough.

We've done some work trying to ready the CD music changes. We have two new budding programmers, and I expect one of them to be up to the challenge at some point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-11-24, 18:56

I'd like to see an ability to switch between SW and PoL soundtracks (as well as Opera/Midi) in the menu. Smile
Yet, I suppose, it's not that critical for the release.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
XT3RM1N8R

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2016-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-12-01, 16:22

Darmani wrote:
The widescreen changes are currently bottlenecked by efficiency -- it's not yet fast enough.

We've done some work trying to ready the CD music changes. We have two new budding programmers, and I expect one of them to be up to the challenge at some point. Smile

(I was wondering if these forums are where the community gathers.)
This sounds like an interesting issue.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime2016-12-01, 20:25

XT3RM1N8R wrote:

(I was wondering if these forums are where the community gathers)
This is what these forums are for. Yet, I am unable to lead a full scale promotion these days, but at least I try to keep the modding stream alive.

Forums are no more a massive entertainment, social networks took that niche. Now it's more like a gathering place for the elite fans and a workbench in some cases, like freelance help from the community.

Considering Ironfist, I'd also like to see more activity here from the team, but it's all centralized elsewhere.

PostSubject: Re: Some Ironfist changes I am working on   Some Ironfist changes I am working on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Ironfist changes I am working on
Page 1 of 1