~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Redbar110%H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Redbar11100%H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Redbar110%H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics

Go down 
+11
buffkaz
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
Arys-Pole
Uhm
Dr Slash
Sir Albe
friedbrain
feanor
Orzie
thgergo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

Quality Points : 12
Registration Date : 2015-10-15

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-06, 15:35

What if it will look more like an amulet?
Kinda like that:
It can also be solid, more like a shield:
I am just not sure that another shield would be the simplest idea here.
There are plenty of shields already in game (Defence, Armorer, artifacts)

For the 0.8 version Heroes III icon will work just fine though
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-06, 17:46

I know that many shields is bad. We are working on it.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-08, 03:41

I think that we should leave current armor skill as it is and put Dr Slash's shields for resistance.

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 152cp3d

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Rvzhuo
Back to top Go down
Agar
Elf
Elf
Agar

Quality Points : 160
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-08, 04:50

such is still an option, maybe)
H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 F15627faaf3f
Back to top Go down
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

Quality Points : 12
Registration Date : 2015-10-15

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-08, 15:27

Well, I personally like the Uhm's ideas and drawings. These seem both intuitive and fun. It keeps HoMM 2 aesthetic, while reminding of HoMM 3 mechanics. It is probably the best way to go.

Plus the dragon on the shield makes a lot more sense now Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-09, 02:01

We cannot allow the Kivo's armor skill be in the release. It's composed of ripped assets of another game named Tibia.

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Lvl13

For now I generally advise to leave the H3-styled Magic Resistance. We have a lot more important tasks with creatures and portraits right now.

P.S. Lightning bolts over yellow shield look horrible. Even in H3 there was a progression only with the number of bolts; so that we should keep it that way. The shield/whatever should stay the same for the Resistance skill.

We will look more into Secondary Skill icon design later for v0.9. There is a lot to consider.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-10, 05:47

A try for a Necromancy:

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 2uj4jur
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-10, 06:18

Very nice, I am so glad you fixed it up finally. I will make tiny fixes myself (with the skull tops) and we're done with Necromancy. Good job!

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-11-10, 09:10

That looks amazing Uhm! Good job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 00:53

The art is awesome, I'm no pixel artist, so I like your work. Offence is hard to differ from basic to expert. Could you highlight the yellow border or make the sword shorter for lower skill levels? I don't think it's a big deal. Question
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 01:18

We resigned from a sword. There will be something special Very Happy

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 2ywfp1u

Last edited by Uhm on 2016-05-13, 04:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thorjac
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Thorjac

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2015-09-10

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2016-05-11, 22:37

Heya! I haven't been active on this site for a long time as uni ended up taking a lot of my time and thoughts.

I have a question regarding the spell school secondary skills:
Will spells such as Mass Slow be of a higher rank in the Mage Guild and cost more than their single target counterparts, or merely a product of secondary skills?

While H3 improved on a lot of things from H2, I feel like the spell skills really messed with the balance of of some spells. In longer games the level 1 spells for some reason became the most powerful spells of all, with spells like Slow becoming Mass Slow. In the long the, one of the only reason to learn Wisdom or to level up the Mage Guild was to get some maneuverability spells (like the game breaking Town Portal).

Might heroes that focus on attack and defense have always been much stronger than magic heroes. Level 1 mass spells cost almost nothing, removing the need for Knowledge, and have almost a full effect on a battle as long as they last around 3-4 turns, removing the need for Spell Power. This only further skewered the balance of power between might vs. magic.

Edit: Sorry, just realized this topic was only regarding the graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2016-05-12, 03:14

I agree with your opinion, but we actually planed to look at the magic system for version v0.9 which means it isn't at the top of our priority list at the moment, but feel free to discuss it. For now we focus on other things to get v0.8 ready and done Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime2016-05-13, 04:01

I would not encourage to imaginate too much yet though. I think we will present a somewhat concept of the magic system first so we will have a starting point. It is all tightly connected with the technical limitations of the game.

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics   H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW: Secondary and Primary skill graphics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3